The Canadian Centennial Scholarship Fund is pleased to offer the CCSF Scholarship to Canadian students continuing their program of full-time study from September 2023.
The CCSF will only look at applications for students currently undertaking a full-time, multi-year postgraduate program. Students enrolled in a one-year Master’s program are not eligible.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Nice offer for Canadian students to study in the UK.
Established in 1967 by the Canadian Women’s Club to mark Canada‘s centennial, the CCSF is a UK-registered charity. The CCSF has awarded some 500 scholarships to outstanding students from across Canada who are enrolled in postgraduate programs at UK universities, colleges, institutes, or conservatories.
Why apply to this program? The CCSF scholarship is transformative in allowing students to pursue graduate studies without worrying about finances.Application Deadline: Applications for the 2023-2024 academic year opened on January 9 and will close on March 10, 2023.
- University or Organization: Canadian Centennial Scholarship Fund (CCSF)
- Department: All
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: Study Fund
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: Canadian
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Canada
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for a full-time postgraduate program.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible to apply for a CCSF award, an applicant must:
- Be a Canadian citizen with a valid Canadian passport
- Applicants must have lived in Canada.
- Be currently enrolled in a postgraduate program (or equivalent) and, at the time of applying, be attending full-time at a UK university or similar institution, and have completed at least one full-time term of study, with at least one full-time term remaining to start from September 2023.
- Be able to demonstrate academic excellence.
- Require funds to complete their studies.
- Previous applicants may re-apply. The CCSF offers a maximum of two scholarships to any one individual.
- Applicants undertaking a one-year program are not eligible.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must apply for the 2023 application Program online form at the CCSF site.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit all the following documents:
- Contact details for two referees must be supplied
- Applicants must provide basic information about their personal and academic finances
- A Personal Statement & Program Overview not exceeding 500 words
- A short CV (of no more than 2 A4 pages)
- A valid Canadian passport.
- A transcript from your most recently completed degree.
- Admission Requirements: Before applying for an application, they are advised to read through all the information available on this site, including the Frequently Asked Questions, to ensure they meet the minimum eligibility criteria.
- Language Requirement: Depending on educational background and country of origin, applicants may need to provide evidence of their English proficiency to study in the UK.
- The Canadian Centennial Scholarship Fund (CCSF) will support Canadian students for full-time postgraduate study in the UK.
- CCSF will require students to complete a financial report, giving their estimated expenses (tuition, room and board, transportation, and other academic costs) together with their anticipated income (scholarships, grants, loans, part-time work) for the coming academic year.
- Note: Students must have a current United Kingdom bank account to transfer scholarship funds.