The new Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship is now available at Macquarie University to recognize academic excellence for international students.
This highly competitive scholarship has been designed to recognize academic excellence and provide financial assistance for international students.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Through the international scholarship of this Vice-Chancellor, Macquarie University provides financial assistance to students to achieve their education goals.
Established in 1964, Macquarie University began as a bold experiment in higher education and ranked in the top two percent of universities in the world and within the top 10 in Australia.
Why study at Macquarie University? Being a Macquarie student will be one of the best times of your life because you’ll have so many opportunities to discover your potential.Application Deadline: Applicants must submit all required application materials until 06 March 2022.
- University or Organization: Macquarie University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate and postgraduate programme
- Scholarship Award: Up to AUD $10,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Numbers of Award: Not known
- Nationality: International
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: International candidates are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: In order to apply, you must:
- Meet the Academic and English requirements for a Macquarie University Bachelor or Postgraduate Coursework Degree.
- Achieve a minimum WAM equivalent of 65 for Postgraduate applications; or a minimum ATAR equivalent of 85 for Undergraduate applications.
- Be accepted into a Macquarie University Bachelor or Postgraduate Coursework Degree commencing in 2021 or 2022.
- Enrol and begin your course as per your Letter of Offer. Commencement may not be deferred.
- Maintain your enrolment throughout your course in a full-time study load which is 8 standard units per academic year.
- Meet the University’s Academic progression policy.
- This scholarship is for on-campus study only.
- Students who have received any other Macquarie University scholarship will not be eligible for this scholarship.
- You are not eligible if you have applied or are currently enrolled at Macquarie University International College.
- You are not eligible if you are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency of Australia.
- If you withdraw from your program before completion, you may be required to repay any scholarship previously awarded to you during your study period at Macquarie University based on the outcome as decided by the scholarships and grants committee
How to Apply
- How to apply: Applicants must complete an online course application form. Once your course application has been processed, you will receive a Macquarie University Student Number which is compulsory to submit the online scholarship application form.
- Applicants must complete an online scholarship application form and type “VCIS” in the Scholarship Name field.
- Supporting Documents: Contact the admission staff to find out which documents are necessary for the scholarship program.
- Admission Requirements: Before applying for the scholarship you must apply for your chosen degree at the university.
- Language Requirement: All international students at Macquarie are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English. Macquarie University requires the following as proof of meeting Standard English language requirements (i.e. equal to IELTS 6.5).
The successful applicant will receive the sum of $10,000, applied towards your tuition fee.