Are you an ambitious and innovative leader looking for an opportunity to learn and gain knowledge on how to bridge the gap between desire and action on sustainability? Then apply for the Swedish Institute Management Programme 2023.
The programme creates unique development programme which brings together people from different African countries in an enhanced collaborative environment, where they can co-create solutions between business and other sector organisations in their country.
Swedish Institute Management Programme 2023 | DETAILS
The Swedish Institute Management Programme (SIMP) offers you proven tools and knowledge from experts who can help you to put sustainability at the heart of your strategy and take your leadership to the next level. The programme is based on Sweden’s prominent position in innovation and sustainable business – and its connection to the global economy.
To be eligible for the Swedish Institute Management Programme, applicants must meet the require criteria as follows:
- Must be highly motivated to run their business in a sustainable way and promote sustainable business practices in your country.
- You are a citizen and resident of Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda or Zambia.
- You are between 25 and 50 years old (born 1972–1996).
- You work for an enterprise. We are looking for business leaders who are already CEO´s or senior managers of small or medium–sized enterprises, or managers of a significant and distinct department of a large enterprise, who have responsibility for the profits of their business.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and a track record of making things happen.
- You are willing to support and share your experience and knowledge with other participants.
- You have a high level proficiency in both written and spoken English.
- You have a post-secondary education.
- You have access to high speed internet for interactive video meetings.
- In-depth knowledge and skills about sustainable business practices with a focus on human rights, climate and the environment, decent working conditions and anti-corruption.
- Capacity and knowledge to lead change and implement sustainable business practices in your own organisation.
- Insights into business cases for sustainability in Sweden, one of the leading countries in sustainable business practice.
- Customised expert coaching based on your organisation’s and your own personal needs.
- A unique opportunity of close collaboration and exchange with colleagues at your own level from several other countries, developing strong, long-lasting professional networks.
- Access to the global Swedish Institute alumni network with leaders who are committed to sustainable business and responsible leadership.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Swedish Institute Management Programme 2023 for Africans are to complete an online application by the application deadline.
You need to go through the following steps to submit your application:
- Register your profile in the application portal.
- Select what programme you would like to apply for.
- Answer all the questions for the different sections in the application portal (found in the left-hand menu).
- Upload your CV and a recommendation letter from your employer under the document section, a photo under another section. CV is mandatory, a recommendation letter is not but however recommended. A template is available here.
- After you’ve submitted your application, you’ll receive a confirmation email.
Application Deadline: February 13, 2023
Visit the Official Website for Further Details