The Hanken School of Economics is offering the GBSN Scholarship for students from developing countries to pursue a master’s degree program in Finland for the academic year 2023-2024.
Hanken offers scholarships for students from developing countries. The scholarship program is especially for master’s degree students who wish to join the Hanken School of Economics. Selected candidates will be awarded a scholarship of a Full tuition fee for two years (equivalent to 12,500 EUR/year) and 8,000 EUR per year for living expenses.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
GBSN Scholarship for Students from Developing Countries
Worthy chance to study at Hanken School of Economics in Finland.
Established in 1909, the Hanken School of Economics is a business school in Helsinki and Vaasa. Hanken is a top, internationally accredited institute with 110 years of knowledge in education and research in economics.
Why study at the Hanken School of Economics? Hanken’s research is conducted at all five institutions with special profiling in four selected areas of strength. Its research is internationally highly regarded and forms the basis of all their education. Hanken has close cooperation with businesses and an active alum network, with over 14,000 alums working in over 70 countries.
Application Deadline: 18 January 2023.
- University or Organization: Hanken School of Economics
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master’s degree program
- Award: 12,500 EUR
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Finland.
- Eligible Countries: Students from GBSN member schools in the following countries are eligible to apply:
- Afghanistan, Brazil, Cambodia, China, Colombia, Egypt, Ghana, India, Kenya, Lebanon, Mexico, Morocco, Nigeria, Peru, Philippines, Pakistan, South Africa, Tunisia, and Turkey.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded to a master’s degree program subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must be accepted into any degree program at the university.
- Students are currently studying or alums of GBSN member schools from specific GBSN member universities in developing countries.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants must submit an admission application via the university’s online application portal. No separate scholarship application is required.
- Supporting Documents: The country-specific requirement only concerns one document (e.g., records transcript). The rest of the educational documents (e.g., degree certificates) must be submitted according to the general instructions on delivering officially certified educational documents.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the admission requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT test or TOEFL iBT® Home Edition ? 92
- IELTS (Academic) or IELTS Indicator (Academic)? 6.5
- Cambridge C1 Advanced? Grade C
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency? Level C1
- PTE Academic? 62
- The Finnish National Certificate of Language Proficiency YKI test in English? Level 5 in all test sections
- The GBSN premium scholarship includes the following: 1) a full tuition fee for two years (equivalent to 12,500 EUR/year) and 2) 8,000 EUR per year for living expenses.
- A Number of GBSN Premium Scholarships: Two scholarships/year.