The University of Sheffield is presenting NCUK Undergraduate Scholarships for international candidates. The scholarship is open for the academic session 2023-2024.
The applications for this scholarship can be made by students progressing from an NCUK pathway to undergraduate courses at the University of Sheffield. The applicants must be self-funded overseas students commencing their study in September of 2023 to be considered eligible for this scholarship award valued at £2,000 or £2,500, subject to the faculty the selected candidates is enrolled in.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Great offer for international students in the UK
The University of Sheffield is a public research university in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England, that focuses solely on research and innovation. The university, founded in 1905, is ranked 96th in QS World University Rankings 2023 and 134th in Best Global Universities and is driven by outstanding people working as one.
Why choose to study at the University of Sheffield? The University of Sheffield is an advancing and proud university delivering life-enhancing research, innovation and education that transforms the lives of its graduates and shapes the world they live in. It has achieved this by fostering an ambitious, inclusive, collaborative community and the mindset to keep going and exploring new ways.
Application Deadline: The applicants may rely on course-specific application deadlines for admission. However, they must demonstrate their interest in the scholarship before 16:00 (UK time) on 8th June, 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Sheffield
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: £2,500
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom
- Eligible Countries: Overseas students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can take apply for undergraduate programs offered at the Faculty of Arts and Humanities, Faculty of Social Sciences, Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health, and Faculty of Science of the University of Sheffield.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be self-funded and classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- The applicants must be scheduled to commence study at the University of Sheffield in September 2023.
- The applicants must not apply to the Medicine (A100/A101) and Dentistry (A200) programme.
- The applicants must enter the University of Sheffield directly from an NCUK Study Centre.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: International students must submit their admission applications via the UCAS website. Interested candidates must choose the University of Sheffield as their firm or insurance choice to be considered for this scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Personal statement
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the international entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.0
The students selected as winners of the scholarship will be awarded a sum of £2,000 or £2,500 by the University of Sheffield, depending on the faculty they join.
- Faculty of Arts and Humanities and Faculty of Social Sciences – £2,000
- Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health, and Faculty of Science – £2,500