Broaden your knowledge and perspective with meaningful research experience in an international context at the University of Maryland. Students can apply for the International Graduate Research Fellowships (IGRF) for the academic year 2023-2024.
The fellowship program provides research opportunities for doctoral students and master’s students for a period of one to three months in another country. The students must be recommended by a member of the faculty to be considered. A total amount on $7,500 can be expected in contribution from graduate school, student’s program, and host institution.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
This program will support international students in the USA.
Ranked 55th out of 443 National Universities and 164 in QS World University Rankings,the University of Maryland is a public land-grant research university in College Park, Maryland. It was founded in 1856. UMD is also the flagship institution of the University System of Maryland.
Why choose to study at the University of Maryland? The University of Maryland provides excellent teaching, research, and service. Committed to being a preeminent national centre for research and for graduate education, the university proudly educates students and advances knowledge in areas of importance to the State, the nation, and the world.
Application Deadline: The application pathway is active. However, the applications must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the first day of travel.
- University or Organization: University of Maryland
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Graduate or Doctoral
- Award: $7,500
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United States.
- Eligible Countries: Overseas students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Programs offered at The Graduate School of the University of Maryland can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be recommended by a member of the Graduate Faculty.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Admission applications must be submitted through the university portal. Scholarship applications must be made by completing the Application Cover Sheet and submitting it via mail to IGRF@umd.edu along with the listed supporting documents in PDF format.
- Supporting Documents: The students must submit the following supporting documents:
- A letter of recommendation from a member of the UMD faculty
- An endorsement letter
- A student statement
- A statement from the student’s program
- A statement from the host institution
- Student’s curriculum vitae
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the minimum requirements set by the Graduate School and must meet departmental and/or program-specific requirements which may exceed the minimum.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 96
- IELTS – 7.0
- PTE – 68
The University of Maryland will award the winning candidates a scholarship worth up to $7,500 that can be utilized towards travel and living expenses.