Harvard University is offering a free online course on ContractsX 2022. This contract law course, with new materials and updated case examples, is designed to introduce the range of issues that arise when entering and enforcing contracts.
Students will learn about contracts from Harvard Law Professor Charles Fried, one of the world‡s leading authorities on contract law.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Nice chance for students.
Course At A Glance
Length: 8 weeks
Effort: 3-6 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Harvard University and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $125
Harvard University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally. Harvard faculty are engaged with teaching and research to push the boundaries of human knowledge.
About This Course
Learn about contracts from Harvard Law Professor Charles Fried, one of the world‡s leading authorities on contract law. Contracts are promises that the law will enforce. But when will the law refuse to honor a promise? What happens when one party does not hold to their part of the deal? This version of the course adds new units on Interpretation, Agency, Partnerships, Corporations, and Government Regulation.
Why Take This Course?
This contract law course, with new materials and updated case examples, is designed to introduce the range of issues that arise when entering and enforcing contracts. It will provide an introduction to what a contract is and also analyze the purpose and significance of contracts.
- A theoretical background of contracts, trust, and promise.
- How to form contracts through valid offer and acceptance.
- Limits to enforcing contracts.
- Issues excusing contractual performance.
- Available remedies for contractual breaches.
- Third parties‡ ability to enforce contracts.
- The limitations of contract law.
- How courts interpret contracts.
- Relationship of Contracts to Agency, Partnership, Corporations and Regulation.
- How to read through contracts to apply these key concepts and understand potential issues and outcomes.
Charles Fried is the Beneficial Professor of Law at Harvard Law School, where he has been teaching since 1961. Most recently, Fried has taught Contracts and Constitutional Law.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)