The Department of Engineering Management at the University of Antwerp is providing the Postdoctoral Scholarships in Cognitive Robotics for outstanding students for the academic year 2022-2023 in Belgium.
The scholarship programme is exclusively available to international students who want to start their postdoctoral programme at the University of Antwerp. The robotic work aims to propose and test minimalist cognitive models for the mechanisms operating in the animals’ heads.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Amazing opportunity for students in Belgium.
The University of Antwerp is a major Belgian university located in Antwerp. It was founded in 2003 after the merger of three smaller universities. Antwerp University offers 30 academic bachelor’s, 69 master’s, 20 after-master programs, and 22 postgraduate programs. It was ranked 179th overall in the world.
Why would you like to study at the University of Antwerp? If you choose to attend the University of Antwerp, you will graduate with a degree that has received major awards and been listed in international rankings. The University of Antwerp is characterized by its high standards in education, internationally competitive research, and entrepreneurial approach. Professors and academic staff provide you with a high-quality education and individualized counseling.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 15 August 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Antwerp
- Department: Department of Engineering management or Faculty of business and economics
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Belgium
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postdoctoral degree in cognitive robotics offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies.
- Your teaching competencies align with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision.
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity, and cooperation.
- You have extensive experience programming in Python or C++.
- Experience with reinforcement learning techniques or autonomous robots is a definite advantage.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants must submit an admission application on the university’s online portal. After that, interested applicants are advised to contact Prof. Herbert Peremans (email@example.com) before officially applying.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit a motivation letter, academic CV, and passport.
- Admission Requirements: Students must hold a PhD in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Engineering from a non-Belgian
- Language Requirement: The applicants must be fluent in Dutch and have an excellent knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Your monthly scholarship amount is calculated according to the scholarship amounts for postdoctoral scholarship holders on the pay scales for Contract Research Staff.
- You will receive eco cheques, Internet-connectivity allowance, and a bicycle allowance or full reimbursement of public transport costs for commuting.
- You will do most of your work at the City Campus in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.