To help offset the financial burden of the university and ensure affordability for all, Soka University is now awarding a superb Foundation for Education Scholarships. This scheme is open for the academic year 2022-2023.
Through this scholarship, the university aims to support international students who demonstrate excellent academic performance, good character, and genuine financial hardship.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
This fantastic funding scheme will help you ease the significant financial burdens.
Soka University is counted as one of the top universities in Japan. It enjoys a reputation for excellence in Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology. It opened its doors to students in 1970. The university includes eight faculties namely economics; business administration; law; nursing; science and engineering; liberal arts; letters and education.
Why would you like to take admission at Soka University? It is a diverse university that attracts students from approximately 52 countries. It offers numerous internationally recognized courses to its students. Apart from this, here students can take part in study abroad programmes.
Application Deadline: Candidates must submit their programme application before November 1, 2022.
- University or Organization: Soka University
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: JPY 30,000 to JPY 50,000
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Japan
- Eligible Countries: There is a restriction on nationality.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate degree programme in any field.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- International students who are enrolled in the Undergraduate Program of Soka University, who demonstrate excellent academic performance and good character, and who are experiencing difficulty in continuing enrollment because of financial strain, are eligible.
- Academic requirements:
Overall GPA is equal to or above 3.5 – JPY 50,000 per month x 12 months (JPY 600,000 per year)
Overall GPA is equal to or above 2.8 and below 3.5 – JPY 40,000 per month x 12 months (JPY 480,000 per year)
Overall GPA is equal to or above 2.2 and below 2.8 – JPY 30,000 per month x 12 months (JPY 360,000 per year)
Note: The Grade Point Average (GPA) at Soka is calculated on a 4.0 scale.
- Entrants should hold an offer to study an undergraduate course at Soka University.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students who have successfully applied for an undergraduate course at Soka University before the deadline will be eligible to send their application for this wonderful award.
- Supporting Documents: The following documents must be included in the application for admission: A pre-qualification degree, copies of academic transcripts, certificates of English language proficiency, a statement, and a copy of passport.
- Admission Requirements: The minimum requirement for an undergraduate course is a high school diploma.
- Language Requirement: Language requirements vary from one course to another.
The award of the scholarship ranges from JPY 30,000 to JPY 50,000. This amount will be provided per month throughout the course.