All highly talented and motivated students are invited to apply for the International PhD Scholarships in Energy System Modelling Focusing. The program is funded by the Technical University of Denmark for the academic session 2022/2023.
The bursary aims to attract high-potential international students who want to apply for the PhD degree programme at DTU.
Great offer for international students in Denmark
Founded in 1829, the Technical University of Denmark is a leading technical university ranked among Europe’s leading engineering institutions. It is globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation, and scientific advice.
Why study at the Technical University of Denmark? The university provides students with a variety of alternatives for academy career programmes. Aspirants will have the possibility to explore a wide range of science and its miracles at DTU with the full help of outstanding instructors.
Application Deadline: The last date to enter the particular scholarship is 15 August 2022.
- University or Organization: Technical University of Denmark
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Denmark
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree program in Energy System Modelling Focusing on Transmission Investments and Sector Coupling
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A two-year master’s degree or an equivalent academic degree
- Relevant knowledge and experience with mathematical modelling, operational research, energy system analysis, energy engineering, mathematics, data science, or similar qualifications
- Good programming capabilities (e.g. in C++, GAMS, Julia, Python or similar)
- Experience with energy system analysis (e.g. with Balmorel, Antares, TIMES or similar)
- Fluency in English (working language) is a requirement.
- Good communication skills
- A willingness and desire to ambitiously engage in interdisciplinary collaboration and master new scientific disciplines.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: All applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply for the scholarship, candidates must complete and submit an online application.
- Supporting Documents: All applications must include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, grade transcripts, and BSc/MSc diploma and Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and Excel spreadsheet here).
- Admission Requirements: Candidates will be selected on the basis of the previous year degree.
- Language Requirement: If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
The Technical University of Denmark will provide a salary to the successful candidates. The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union. The period of employment is three years.
The successful candidate(s) are expected to start in the autumn of 2022 (or as soon as possible thereafter). The position is a full-time position. A few periods of several weeks in RTE offices in Paris will be planned during the PhD.