The Umea University is excited to announce the launch of its International PhD Positions in Energy Technology Solar Thermal Energy Production. The position is designed for the academic year 2022-2023.
The doctoral student will get an opportunity to participate in experiments/trials, both at local laboratories and at full-scale heat production facilities. The scope of this call for new PhD students is to use a systematic approach to investigate the environmental and economic effects of integrated solar thermal in the Swedish DHSs.
Beneficial offer for applicants to complete their studies in Sweden.
Umeå University is a public research university located in Umeå, in the mid-northern region of Sweden. The university was founded in 1965 and is the fifth oldest within Sweden’s present borders. As of 2015, Umeå University has over 36,000 registered students, including postgraduate and doctoral students. Various courses, workshops, and seminars available for professional development in higher education can help you continuously improve your pedagogical skills.
Why study at Umea University? At Umea, students will be embedded in an inspiring educational environment that encourages creative learning and innovation. Their goal is to make you feel like you can thrive and grow in a workplace that values good leadership, participation, openness, gender equality, and diversity.
Application Deadline: The closing date for the application is August 5th, 2022.
- University or Organization: Umea University
- Department: Energy Technology
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Sweden
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in energy technology solar thermal energy production offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- As a PhD student, the applicant should have the ability to work systematically, thoroughly, and independently, as well as in collaboration with others. Further, the applicant must be familiar with theoretical engineering science tools and have an excellent working knowledge of the research area. The planned work requires an analytical and creative mind.
- The employment is expected to result in a doctoral degree, and the primary assignment for the doctoral student is thus to be active in research, study postgraduate courses, and possibly participate in teaching courses at the undergraduate level.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the scholarship, all interested candidates are required to take admission in a PhD degree at the University. After being enrolled, applicants can complete the online application form for this award.
- Supporting Documents: Your application should include the following:
- A cover letter with a brief description of your qualifications, research interests and motivation for applying, and your contact details (max. two pages)
- Curriculum vitae
- Authenticated copies of relevant degree diploma(s) and certificates.
- A list of university courses with grades. Note that for international applicants, the grading system should be explained in brief.
- A copy of my master thesis and publications.
- Contact information of two reference persons.
- Admission Requirements: Applicant is required to have completed a second-cycle level degree or completed course requirements of at least 240 credits, of which at least 60 credits are at the second-cycle level, or have an equivalent education from overseas, or equivalent qualifications.
- Language Requirement: The applicant should be a proficient user in both oral and written dissemination in English.
The Umea University will provide the salary for successful applicants in Sweden for the academic year 2022-2023.