The University of Reading is looking to recruit excellent students for a funded Medical Research Council PhD Studentships in Myotoxic Profiles of Invertebrate Venom. Applications for the academic year 2022-2023 are open.
The PhD Studentship will be directed towards PhD in Physiology and Pharmacology in the School of Pharmacy at the University of Reading undertaken by international students from Ireland and domestic students. Full tuition fee and a stipend at a UKRI rate of £16,062 will be awarded to the selected students.
Wonderful opportunity for students in the UK.
Founded in 1892, the University of Reading is a public university in Reading, Berkshire, England. The University of Reading has maintained a strong position in the QS World University Rankings 2023, ranked at 28th place among UK universities and 229 worldwide.
Why choose to study at the University of Reading? The University of Reading is committed to addressing global problems through teaching, research, and partnerships. It is a diverse and inclusive community using its knowledge and skills to solve problems and create opportunities. The university strongly focuses on excellence and innovation in education and research.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 15th July 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Reading
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition fee and Stipend
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Eligible Countries: Students from UK and Ireland are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The applicants can apply for a PhD in Physiology and Pharmacology in the School of Pharmacy at the University of Reading.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be applicants from the UK or the Republic of Ireland.
- The applicants must demonstrate excellent knowledge and some practical skills in cell biology.
- The applicants should demonstrate good communication skills.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicant can apply for this position by logging in to the university portal. To apply for the studentship, students must follow the steps below:
- Please quote the reference ‘GS21-100’ in the ‘Scholarships applied for’ box, which appears within the Funding Section of your online application.
- When prompted by the online application system to upload a research proposal, please omit this step as the project is already defined.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Full transcripts
- Contact details of two referees
- Statement of purpose
- Copy of passport
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold or expect to gain a first-class (or minimum of a 2:1) bachelor’s degree in relevant disciplines in life sciences.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores on the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL IBT – 88
- TOEFL PBT – 570
- CPE – C
- TEEP – 6.5
The University of Reading will award the selected candidates £16,062 to cover total tuition fees plus a Stipend at the UKRI rate for up to 4 years of study.