The Faculty of Engineering at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel is inviting students to participate in the PhD Scholarships in Wind speed Modeling and Anemometry offered for the academic year 2022-2023.
The scholarship is offered exclusively to students that hold a master’s degree in a relevant field of studies is equal to engineering and have good knowledge of English along with experience with anemometry and/or atmospheric physics. The selected students will be awarded the PhD scholarship and a grant with additional benefits.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Nice chance for applicants in Belgium.
0 (0 votes)
The Vrije Universiteit Brussel is a Dutch and English-speaking research university located in Brussels, Belgium. It is known to be an autonomous and democratically managed university ranking 201st in the Academic Ranking of World Universities by Shanghai Jiao Tong University. It is highly active and committed to its functioning as a university.
Why choose to study at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel? Vrije Universiteit Brussel is an internationally oriented university in Brussels that wants to create a better society for tomorrow through its tailor-made high-quality research and education. The university guarantees fundamental freedoms within its university, as well as the right of the university community to be involved in making and checking university policy.
Application Deadline: Applications will close on 8th September 2022.
- University or Organization: Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition fee and Other Benefits
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in Belgium.
- Eligible Countries: All international and domestic students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for any preferred PhD programme offered at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have experience with anemometry and/or atmospheric physics.
- The applicants are recommended to hold honors.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants can apply for admission via the university portal. Applications for the scholarship must be submitted online by all interested applicants to be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Letter of motivation
- Highest degree transcripts
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold a master’s degree in Engineering, or in Physics and Astronomy, or in Geography, or an equivalent master’s degree.
- Language Requirement: The students must have good knowledge of the English language.
The selected candidates will be provided the following benefits by the Vrije Universiteit Brussel:
- Full reimbursement for your home-work commute with public transport according to VUB policy, or compensation if you come by bike
- Cost-free hospitalization insurance
- The space to form your job content and continuously learn via VUB LRN
- Excellent facilities for sports and exercise
- Delicious meals at attractive prices in our campus restaurants;
- An open, family-friendly work environment where attention is paid to work-life balance, and exceptional holiday arrangements with 35 days of leave (based on a full-time contract).