Applicants are invited to apply for the International College of Science and Engineering Studentships in Deep Learning for Imbalanced Classification offered by the University of Leicester. The university is accepting applications for the academic session 2022/2023.
The educational award is designed for talented students who want to study for a PhD degree programme in computing and mathematical sciences. The studentships are available to both students from the UK and overseas.
This is a great opportunity for students to earn higher education in the UK.
Established in 1957, the University of Leicester is an English public research university located in Leicester. It also has a vibrant and worthwhile learning environment that prepares students for their future. It is a world-class university dedicated to international excellence, game-changing research, and inspiring teaching.
Why choose to study at the University of Leicester? The university is always at the forefront of research in the field they serve, actively influencing change and shaping debate globally. This university provides students with labs, libraries, art studios, computer centres, and other facilities. Leicester offers innovative and practical courses in a variety of disciplines, as well as a thriving research culture.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 31 July 2022.
- University or Organization University of Leicester
- Department: School of Computing and Mathematical Sciences
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £16,062
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: the UK and International applicants.
- The award can be taken in the UK.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in science and engineering and deep learning for imbalanced classification offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Open to the UK and International applicants.
- Applicants must be enrolled in PhD degree programme at the university.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can make their admission applications via the online portal at the University of Leicester. After being enrolled, candidates will use the Apply button at the bottom of the page and select January 2023 from the dropdown menu.
- Supporting Documents: Students must have to submit the following documents:
- Personal statement explaining your interest in the project, your experience and why we should consider you
- Degree Certificates and Transcripts of study already completed and, if possible, transcript to date of study currently being undertaken
- In the reference section, please enter the contact details of your two academic referees in the boxes provided or upload letters of reference if already available.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants are required to hold expect to obtain a UK Bachelor Degree 2:1 or better in a relevant subject or overseas equivalent.
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the English language of the university. IELTS is accepted by the University of Leicester.
The university will provide all the following benefits:
- This 3.5 year’s PhD studentship provides:
- Annual Stipend at UKRI rates (£16,062 for 2022/23)
- Tuition fee waiver