Manchester Metropolitan University is delighted to announce the Postgraduate Research Scholarships in Oxygen Scavengers for Recyclable Plastic Bottles. Applications are open for the academic year 2022-2023.
This project is sponsored by an industry partner, Avient. Applicants with relevant qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience will be considered to be a part of this scholarship. Basic knowledge of polymer processing will be appreciated. The winners will be extended a full tuition fee coverage scholarship and a bursary.
Wonderful opportunity for applicants in the UK.
Manchester Metropolitan University is a public research university located in Manchester, England. It is UK’s Number 1 Sustainable University (People and Planet) making an impact on Manchester and beyond ranking 840th in Best Global University.
Why choose to study at the Manchester Metropolitan University? Manchester Metropolitan University offers degree programmes and professional development at every stage of the career ladder with a mission to develop its, students, into highly employable, socially and environmentally responsible professionals.
Application Deadline: Any application received after 15th August 2022 will not be accepted.
- University or Organisation: Manchester Metropolitan University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master Research
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Eligible Countries: UK.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for master’s research in Oxygen Scavengers for Recyclable Plastic Bottles at the Manchester Metropolitan University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have strong organic chemistry and/or polymer chemistry skills.
- The applicants must have experience in collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
- The applicants must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Basic knowledge of polymer processing (though this will not be assumed, and training will be provided both at the company and university)
- Appreciation of Health and Safety and Risk Assessments
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants will need to complete the PGR application form along with a PGR Thesis Proposal and mail it to email@example.com to be considered for the scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, email the application form and statement to PGRAdmissions@mmu.ac.uk.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the general entry requirements of the university and hold a minimum of an honours degree at the first or upper second class level.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL PBT – 575
- TOEFL CBT – 230
- IELTS – 6.5
The winning candidates will be awarded a Fully-funded Master’s by Research (home fees) for one year plus a bursary by the Manchester Metropolitan University.