To reward the excellence of students in academics, Åbo Akademi University has announced the Finland Scholarships for EU or EEA Students for the academic year 2022-2023.
The scholarship covers 100% of the tuition fee for two years; the second year is conditional and requires the student to earn at least 55 ECTS during the first year of studies. In addition, the applicant is awarded a one-time 5000€ relocation grant for the academic year.
Worthy offer for applicants in Finland.
Åbo Akademi University is the only exclusively Swedish language multi-faculty university in Finland. It is located mainly in Turku but also has activities in Vaasa. Åbo Akademi was founded by private donations in 1918 as the third university in Finland. With campuses in Turku and Vaasa, Åbo Akademi University offers internationally renowned research and education. Through cross-border collaboration, they serve as the gateway to Finland for the Nordic countries.
Why study at Åbo Akademi University? Åbo Akademi University is small enough for its professors to be easily accessible. At the same time, they offer a wide range of educational options. It means you will be provided with individual guidance and the opportunity to tailor your studies for a unique degree.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by July 29, 2022.
- University or Organization: Åbo Akademi University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master’s degree
- Award: 100% of the tuition fee
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: EU or EEA students
- The award can be taken in Finland
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from the EU or EEA are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must be an EU or EEA.
- Tuition fee-paying (non-EU/EEA) applicants applying to our master’s degree programmes are eligible to apply for the Finland scholarship.
- Applicants must be enrolled in the master’s degree program at the university.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must submit admission applications via the application portal of the university.
- Supporting Documents: The students must submit academic records, CV, copy of passport, two references, and recommendation letters.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants to the international master’s degree programmes taught in English must have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field equivalent to a Finnish university Bachelor’s degree, or candidate xamen degree corresponds to at least 180 ECTS (European credits) or three years of full-time study.
- Language Requirement: Applicants can demonstrate their English language proficiency by submitting one of the following English-language test scores to your application:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL IBT – 92
- PTE – 62
The Åbo Akademi University will provide 100% of the tuition fee for two years; the second year is conditional and requires the student to earn at least 55 ECTS during the first year of studies.