The University of Otago is delighted to announce the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships for students who demonstrate academic achievements and want to gain a higher education in New Zealand.
This scholarship is targeted to recognize and reward academic excellence, diversity, and leadership potential. To be awarded this scheme, candidates must take part in an undergraduate programme at the University of Otago.
This scholarship will help students with the cost of their studies at the University of Otago in New Zealand.
From Business to Law, the University of Otago offers a broad spectrum of graduate, postgraduate, and PhD programmes to more than 20,000 students. It is a research-led university that holds a good reputation on the international level for excellence. It is home to many leading researchers.
Why study at the University of Otago? When it comes to world-class teaching and student services, the University of Otago is considered as the best place to study in New Zealand. At the university, students can gain high-quality educational experience, enjoy student services, and take advantage of lots of careers and educational opportunities.
Application Deadline: The applications for this grant will be accepted only through 10 December 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Otago
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: NZD$10,000 for tuition fees
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Any
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate degree programme in various fields.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- International students who are not New Zealand citizens or permanent residents or resident visa holders of New Zealand or Australia*; and
- Have gained university admission through:
- Completion of Year 12 and completion of – or in the process of completion of – Year 13 at a New Zealand school, or an equivalent foundation level course at a New Zealand tertiary institution.
- Completion of an internationally recognized qualification in New Zealand or at an overseas high school, such as A-Levels, International Baccalaureate, or ATAR; or
How to Apply
- How to Apply: There is no requirement to make a formal application for this scholarship. All the candidates will automatically be considered for this scholarship after taking admission in an applicable course.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates might be asked to provide the following documents: Pre-qualification degree, copies of academic transcripts, certificates of English language proficiency, a statement, and a copy of passport.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must hold a high school diploma to take admission in a bachelor degree programme at the university.
- Language Requirement: The university accepts the following tests for bachelor degree programme:
- Duolingo English Test (DET) with the following scores
- IELTS Indicator test
- TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English
- GCE A or AS English Language, Literature in English, Language and Literature in English
- GCE AS level General Paper
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic
The scholarship will provide the award of NZD$10,000 for tuition fees. This award will assist students to cover the tuition fee of an approved course.