To help bright international students in Belgium, Ghent University is offering International PhD Scholarships in Veterinary Medicine for the academic year 2022-2023.
The studentship is designed to give for international students who have a chance to study a PhD degree in Belgium and aims to help them with covering some of their study expenses.
This scholarship will help students to get financial assistance in Belgium.
Ghent University is a top 100 university in the world and one of Belgium’s leading universities. More than 200 courses are offered by our 11 faculties, and in-depth research is conducted in a wide range of scientific fields. The Global Campus of Ghent University is also the first European university in Songdo, South Korea.
Why study at Ghent University? When students attend this university, they can broaden their talents and acquire new tactics that can be used to careers both inside and outside of academia. They will also be required to complete long-term activities while chasing short-term goals, necessitating great organisational abilities.
Application Deadline: The applications for this grant will be accepted only through July 31, 2022
- University or Organization: Ghent University
- Department: Department of Pathobiology, Pharmacology and Special Animals
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Salary
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Belgium
- Eligible Countries: Students from all nationalities are eligible to apply for this application.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD Position at the Department of Sociology.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- You have a Master’s degree in Veterinary Medicine, final year students can also apply.
- You feel like working in a team, in collaboration with your supervisors Prof. Siska Croubels and Prof. Mathias Devreese (Laboratory for Pharmacology and Toxicology), Prof. Gunther Antonissen (Poultry Health Sciences Chair holder), Prof. Jeroen Dewulf (Veterinary Epidemiology Unit) ), practice veterinarians, doctoral students and the laboratory staff.
- You have a problem-solving, organized, critical and result-oriented attitude.
- You have interpersonal skills, empathy, flexibility and a critical mind to function in a multidisciplinary environment.
- You have communication skills such as dealing with poultry farmers and veterinary practice (company visits), conducting substantive discussions, scientific reporting and presenting in both Dutch and English.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for this scholarship, the initial step is to apply for affirmation. For taking the affirmation right off, the students are required needs to pick a PhD degree coursework at the university. After being enrolled at the university, claimants can apply for the fund by submitting their application through email to Prof. Dr. Siska Croubels ( email@example.com )
- Supporting Documents: To apply, please send your motivation letter, resume and a copy of the required diploma (except for final year students)
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must check all the entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: All seekers need to provide valid proof of the required level of Dutch at level B2 for the program.
The position will provide a good salary package to the successful candidates for the academic year 2022/2023.