To support students who want to pursue a PhD degree in the UK, Swansea University is actively offering Fully-Funded Swansea and UKAEA PhD Scholarships in AI and Inverse Analysis for the academic year 2022/2023.
The successful candidate will have a good undergraduate degree in a relevant area of Mechanical Engineering. A postgraduate degree with relevant experience in the topics of this PhD is an added advantage. The project will be supported by access to high-performance computing facilities and funds to cover travel costs.
Nice chance to get financial assistance in the UK.
Founded in 1920, Swansea University is a public research university that ranks among the top 30 research institutions in the United Kingdom. The university aspires to be the most prestigious in the region. It is dedicated to students’ mental health and well-being and provides various student support services.
Why choose to study at Swansea University? It provides students with the tools and resources they need to realize their goals and dreams. At the university, students are given the support they need to turn their ideas and goals into reality. It takes pride in working in a proactive, collaborative environment that values equality, trust, respect, cooperation, and challenge to provide services that exceed customers’ needs and expectations.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 5 August 2022.
- University or Organization: Swansea University
- Department: Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £15,609
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be take in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering and Machine learning, computational mechanics, data, digital twin.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- A strong background in numerical methods or machine learning is required. Knowledge/experience of programming in compiled and interpreted languages is essential, and CUDA is desirable, as well as having experience with engineering analysis.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the programme, applicants must be admitted to the PhD degree programme at Swansea University. After getting enrolled, email email@example.com where staff will be happy to assist you in submitting your application.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Degree certificates and transcripts
- A cover letter including a ‘Supplementary Personal Statement’ explains why the position matches your skills and experience and how you choose to develop the project.
- Two references Swansea University reference form.
- Evidence of meeting English Language requirement
- Copy of UK resident visa (if applicable)
- External Partner Application Data Sharing
- Admission Requirements: Candidates should hold a first or upper second class honors degree (or its equivalent) in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or a master’s degree in a subject related to the project.
- Language Requirement: Students must have IELTS 6.5 overall (with at least 5.5 in each component) or Swansea recognized equivalent. Details on the Swansea University English Language entry policy can be found here.
Swansea University will provide the full cost of UK tuition fees and an annual stipend of £15,609 for talented students to cover their expense in the UK.