The Ministry of Higher Education is pleased to offer the Excellence Scholarships at the University of Laval to attract the best foreign students for the academic year 2022/2023.
The programme aims to encourage foreign students to apply for the doctoral degree programme at the university. An annual stipend worth $25,000 will be provided to the selected candidates.
Amazing opportunity to get financial assistance in Canada.
The University of Laval is a public research university in Québec City, Québec, Canada. The university was founded by a royal charter issued by Queen Victoria in 1852. It is ranked among the top 10 Canadian universities in research funding and holds four Canada Excellence Research Chairs.
Why study at the University of Laval? UL is a leader in international mobility, and its students profit from a host of study and internship opportunities across Canada and around the globe. Université Laval offers students a creative and innovative research environment supported by world-class professors and top-of-the-line facilities. Laval University is ranked #354 in Best Global Universities.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by June 21, 2022, or do not wait until the last moment to apply!
- University or Organization: University of Laval
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctoral level
- Award: $25,000
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- A minimum average of 4/4.33 for the last master’s program, completed or not;
- When submitting the application, be registered or have accepted an offer of admission in a 3rd cycle study program at the University of Laval.
- Students must have at least two scientific articles accepted or published in a peer-reviewed journal. For students in research creation, the file must include at least two artistic contributions (examples: recitals, novels, concerts, etc.).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be able to submit your application, you will need to authenticate yourself using the personal identification information that you received, or will receive, from the Office of the Registrar when creating your admission file to the ‘Laval University. Once preselected, the candidate must create an account in the FRQnet system.
- Supporting Documents: Your referee must also submit their recommendation.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must have a bachelor’s degree certificate with outstanding academic achievement.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have to be proficient in written and spoken the English language.
The university will provide the amount of $25,000 per year, for a maximum duration of 3 years (9 semesters), with the possibility of extension for up to 12 additional months. In addition to the scholarship, the MEES will offer all scholarship recipients in this program exemption from the increased tuition fees applicable to international students and health insurance.