The University of Liverpool is pleased to announce its Postgraduate Research in Holistic Condition Monitoring Methodology for Power System Assets using Machine Learning at the Department of Electrical Engineering and Electronics to help brilliant and deserving students in their studies in the United Kingdom. The scholarship programme is open for the academic year 2022-2023.
The research will aim to develop a holistic condition monitoring solution for power system apparatus, combining aspects of electrical and non-electrical techniques to provide automated condition diagnosis using artificial intelligence.
A nice chance for Postgraduate Research students in UK.
The University of Liverpool, founded in 1941, is consistently ranked as one of the best universities in the world. It aims to improve the quality and impact of scholarship while recognizing and celebrating the university’s and students’ achievements. It offers students a truly unique educational experience, with learning and instruction at the cutting edge of their fields.
Why study at the University of Liverpool? The University of Liverpool is recognized in the top 1% of the universities worldwide for internationally recognized research. The university can help students focus, change careers, transition to a new industry, or obtain the certifications they need for their chosen profession.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 1 September 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Liverpool
- Department: Department of Electrical Engineering and School of Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Computer Science or Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Course Level: Postgraduate Research
- Award: £16,062
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postgraduate Research in Engineering and Planning and Holistic Condition Monitoring Methodology for Power System Assets using Machine Learning
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Be a UK National
- Have settled status
- Have pre-settled status
- Have indefinite leave to remain or enter
- International applicants will have to contribute to the higher international tuition fees.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can make their admission in Postgraduate Research at the university’s application portal. To apply for the studentship, formal inquiries, please contact Dr. Christos Zachariades at: Zachariades@liverpool.ac.uk
- Supporting Documents:The students are required to submit the following documents:
- University transcripts
- Degree certificate
- Personal statement
- Two references signed and on letter-headed paper
- Research proposal.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a 2:1 degree (or international equivalent) in a relevant science or engineering discipline. Programming experience in Python or MATLAB will be considered a benefit.
- Language Requirement: All students applying to the University of Liverpool must demonstrate that they are proficient in English and meet the university’s requirements.
The university will provide UKRI levels of support which, for 2022-23, cover tuition fees at the home fee rate of £4,596 and provide an annual stipend of £16,062 for 3.5 years of full-time study. International applicants will have to contribute to the higher international tuition fees.