The Malaysian Government has taken the initiative to attract brilliant minds from around the world to pursue postgraduate studies in Malaysia by launching its Master’s Scholarships for the academic year 2022-2023.
The scholarship programme is funded by the Malaysian Government and is offered to all international countries that are MTCP recipients. The students can apply for a postgraduate study programme at any eligible Malaysian university. The students will be provided full tuition fees and a monthly allowance of RMB 3,500.
Amazing chance to become a part of this scholarship programme in Malaysia.
The Malaysian Technical Cooperation Program (MTCP) was established in 1980 as Malaysia’s commitment to South-South Cooperation by sharing Malaysia’s development experiences and expertise with other developing countries.
The MTCP was drafted and launched on the principle that the development of a country is dependent on the quality of its human capital and resources. Therefore, it emphasizes human resources development mainly through training and capacity-building courses, including short-term courses at Malaysian public and private training institutions and long-term courses at Malaysian public universities.
Application Deadline: The application period for this scholarship is from 16th June 2022 to 16th July 2022.
- University or Organization: The Malaysian Government – The Malaysian Technical Cooperation Program (MTCP)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: Tuition fee and other allowances
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Malaysia.
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from MTPC recipient countries.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postgraduate programme in Science, Technology, and Engineering (not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy), Economics, Finance, Management, and Banking, Social Science and Humanities, Information and Communication Technology, International Relations and Political Science, Agriculture and Aquaculture, Education.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have undertaken a study programme in the field of Science, Technology and Engineering (not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy), Economics, Finance, Management and Banking, Social Science and Humanities, Information and Communication Technology, International Relations and Political Science, Agriculture and Aquaculture, or Education at an eligible university.
- Not more than 45 years old.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must apply for admission to an eligible university via its respective application procedure. Students must submit a scholarship application form.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Letter of recommendation from 2 referees
- Statement of Intent
- True copies of academic transcripts
- Certified Copy of passport
- Medical examination report
- COVID proof of vaccination
- Curriculum Vitae
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have second-class upper honors with a minimum 3.50 GPA.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.0
- TOEFL IBT – 70
Candidates selected will be provided the following benefits:
- Tuition Fees
- Other allowances of RM3,500 per month include:
- Cost of Living Allowance
- Book Allowance
- Tools Allowance
- House Rental Allowance
- Placement Allowance
- Thesis Allowance
- Travel Allowance
- Practical Training Allowance
- End of Study Allowance
- Medical Allowance
- Insurance Allowance
- One-off return economy-class airline ticket from student’s closest international airport to Malaysia and back to student’s home country