The University of Illinois Chicago is pleased to announce the Postdoctoral Research Associate in Biomedical Engineering for highly motivated students for the academic year 2022-2023 in the USA.
This research project will employ photoacoustic imaging in vivo in a pre-clinical model of addiction to study the neuronal and vascular effects of the synthetic opioid fentanyl in rats. This position is available to a well-qualified, highly motivated and eager to learn scientist who wishes to develop scientific and professional skills in a friendly and stimulating environment.
Amazing opportunity for applicants to study in the USA.
The University of Illinois Chicago is a public research university in Chicago, Illinois. Its campus is in the Near West Side community area, adjacent to the Chicago Loop. UIC is also the largest university in the Chicago metropolitan area, having more than 33,000 students enrolled in 16 colleges and the state’s major public medical center. It is classified among R1 Doctoral Universities.
Why choose to study at the University of Illinois Chicago? The University of Chicago is universally recognized for its devotion to open and rigorous inquiry, the strength of its intellectual traditions, intense critical analysis, and free and lively debate. Their engaged scholars continually seek creative solutions to complex problems. The professors at UIC are highly specialized, and many are leaders in their field. They ensure success by offering an exceptional academic experience for all their students.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 30 June 2022
- University or Organization: The University of Illinois Chicago
- Department: Biomedical Engineering
- Course Level: Postdoctoral Research
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postdoctoral Research in Biomedical Engineering.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Ability to work independently. Ability to collect, analyze, summarize and interpret research findings in reports and communicate results to the field. Knowledge of and experience with current scientific integrity principles. Excellent time management and organization skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with others in a collaborative environment. Microsoft office software skills.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants are required to have submitted their postdoctoral research applications. All applying students will be considered directly.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Degree certificate and official transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae
- Reference letters
- Admission Requirements: Applicants should hold or be about to hold a Ph.D. or an MD, PhD with Biology, Neuroscience, Neurology, Biomedical Engineering, Bioengineering, Physics, Biomedical Physics, or Computer Engineering background. Knowledge of optics, ultrasound, and photoacoustic imaging is a plus. Experience with animal (rat) models, handling, and surgery is positive.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you must provide a recognized English language test or qualification.
The University of Illinois Chicago will provide a good salary package to the successful candidates in the USA.