The Chalmers University of Technology is inviting applicants for the International PhD Position in Edge Computing and Decentralized Learning. The positions are open for the academic year 2022-2023.
The PhD student position at the Chalmers University of Technology is full-time temporary employment with a competitive monthly salary and full social benefits, limited to a maximum of four years plus teaching and other departmental duties. The starting date is tentatively August 2022.
Apply for this scholarship program and complete your PhD degree in Sweden.
The Chalmers University of Technology is a Swedish university that focuses on research and education in technology, natural sciences, architecture, mathematics, seafaring, and other management-related subjects. It is ranked 342nd in Best Global Universities for its efforts to generate and disseminate information, skills, and solutions that benefit everyone.
Why choose to study at the Chalmers University of Technology? The mission of the Chalmers University of Technology is to create and disseminate information, expertise, and solutions that benefit everyone. Chalmers teaches its pupils to think independently and use engineering methods to meet future difficulties.
Application Deadline: Applicants must submit all required application materials until 20 June 2022.
- University or Organization: Chalmers University of Technology
- Department: Department of Electrical Engineering
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Sweden
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for the PhD position in edge computing and decentralized learning.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- You should have a strong background in mathematics, information theory, coding theory, or machine learning.
- Applicants must have good grades in the core mathematical courses and a strong interest in pursuing theoretical research, who are independent, curious, and creative, and have the ability to work in an international environment and to present their ideas effectively
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students are required to submit an admission application via the university portal; after that, the application should be marked with Ref 20220216 and written in English. The application should be sent electronically and attached as pdf-files.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents at the university:
- Personal letter
- Two references
- Copy of master’s thesis.
- Attested copies and transcripts of completed education, grades, and other certificates, e.g., TOEFL test results
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have obtained a master’s degree corresponding to at least 240 higher education credits, or must be close to completing such a degree.
- Language Requirement: The students must have good English verbal and written communication skills.
The candidates selected will be provided with a salary and full-time temporary employment limited to five years at the Chalmers University of Technology.