The University of Newcastle has established the Africa Excellence Scholarships to encourage and support international students to achieve their educational goals in Australia. The university is accepting applications for the academic session 2022-2023.
Africa Excellence Scholarship has been established to attract high-performing international students to the University of Newcastle for study in 2022 and beyond. This is a merit-based scholarship that recognizes applicants with a strong academic background and incentivizes them to continue striving to be the best that they can be.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Nice offer for international students to receive an award of AU$10,000 for undergraduate or postgraduate study in Australia.
The University of Newcastle, informally known as Newcastle University, is an Australian public university ranked 207th by QS World University Rankings. It bears the purpose of delivering an exceptional student experience.
Why choose to study at the University of Newcastle? The students at Newcastle have access to world-class programs, inspiring and collaborative learning environments, and opportunities to put theory into practice with real-world experiences. Students are allowed to learn from passionate and talented teaching staff with strong industry connections and experience.
Application Deadline: Applications are now open for the academic year 2022/2023.
- University or Organization: University of Newcastle
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or postgraduate
- Award: $40,000
- Number of Awards: 100
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Africa.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate or postgraduate in College of Engineering Science and Environment, Health Medicine and Wellbeing, Human and Social Futures.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Hold a passport from one of the 54 countries of Africa.
- Be commencing study in an eligible undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree program at the University (excluding ELICOS, Enabling, Non-Award, and Higher Degrees by Research programs and programs delivered at offshore campuses).
- Be an International full-fee paying student.
- Be commencing in an eligible program at an Australian or Online campus as indicated in your Letter of Offer.
- Not be the beneficiary of a separate University scholarship unless prior approval for special dispensation has been obtained.
- Meet all of the financial obligations of a full-fee paying international student
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for this scholarship, students must be admitted to the University. Scholarships are automatically applied for upon application to the university.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit the academic transcripts of all previous schools they attended. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files before completing the online application process.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must hold a bachelor’s or high-school degree certificate with good grades.
- Language Requirement: Students must have to fulfill the University’s language requirements.
The scholarship is valued at AU$10,000 for each year of study under a full-time study load apportioned over each course taken, equating to a value of $1250 per course.