Whether you are a student looking for an internship or a federal agency or corporation looking for an intern, HACU feel confident that they can help you in your pursuit.
HACU is pleased to announce the HACU National Internship Program. The program is open to all students, regardless of race, ethnicity, disability, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, or veteran status.
Opportunities for both internships and full-time employment are available at Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU).
Field of Internship: The program encourages students of all majors to apply!
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU)
Internship can be taken in the U.S.
In order to apply to the HACU National Internship Program (HNIP), applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- completion of freshman year of college before the internship begins
- Enrollment in a degree-seeking program at an accredited institution (e.g. BA/BS, Masters, JD, MD, or PhD) at an accredited higher education institution. Students pursuing only a credential or certificate program will be considered ineligible.
- Recent Graduates: You can apply to our program if you participate within 12 months of your graduation. Instead of providing certification of the enrollment form, you will upload a copy of your certificate of graduation or a copy of your conferred degree. A select number of federal agencies will allow recent graduates to participate.
- Authorization or eligibility to work in the United States by law
Internship Open for International Students: Nationwide. Locations vary annually and the willingness to travel is candidate strength
Is this paid internship? This is an unpaid internship programme.
To honor our commitment to providing equal access to such opportunities, the HACU National Internship Program offers many additional benefits which offset or eliminate many common costs of taking part in an internship.
- All HACU internship positions are paid.
- HACU will arrange housing in the internship location (optional).
- Travel to and from the orientation and/or work site can be arranged at no cost to HACU interns.
- Provisions can be made for interns to receive academic credit.
- Free professional development activities are regularly offered during the course of the program.
HACU Intern Support:
- Round-trip airfare to/from internship location is provided
- Assistance to locate and secure housing during the internship
- HACU Student Services Staff will conduct mock interviews and resume building support to better prepare you
- Student Services Staff act as mentors and provide guidance to succeed throughout the application and interview process, internship performance period, and after the internship is complete
Number of awards offered: Numbers not given
Internship Duration: Summer 2022 (June – August)
Notification: Not given
How to Apply:
Unlike so many other internship programs, there are no fees to apply for or participate in a HACU internship. To apply, the applicants must follow the given steps:
- Submit your resume. Click here to email your resume
- Include your name and major on the subject line of the email
- Complete the online application at http://www.hacu.net/hnipto automatically be considered for a federal internship placement if not selected for a corporate internship
All seven sections on the checklist below must be completed prior to submitting the application.
- Basic Demographics
- Emergency Contact
- Educational Background
- Work History
- Required Documentation Download and Survey: be prepared to scan and upload the following documents as PDF files:
- Enrollment Verification for current students OR certificate of graduation/conferred degree for recent graduates
- Official Transcripts – printed on heat-sensitive paper or secured electronic PDF
- Letter of Recommendation from a department chair, professor, or academic advisor
Note: Do not mail your enrollment verification and/or transcripts to their office.
- Please ensure that all personally identifiable information (birthday, SSN) are not included or blacked out from official documents.
- All required documents must be in English. Any document in another language must be uploaded with a translated copy.
Internship Application Deadline: None, applicants may apply throughout the year