The Department of Public Health is delighted to announce the PhD Positions in Environmental Epidemiology at the University of Copenhagen in Denmark.
The overall aim of this research is to examine the association between long-term exposure to air pollution and cardiovascular disease in Denmark and Serbia.
Apply for this programme and get salary in Denmark.
The University of Copenhagen is a public research university and higher education centre in Denmark. It is ranked 84th by the Times Higher Education 2021. The university is known around the world for its excellent teaching and research. It wants to strengthen the scientific basis for promoting health, preventing disease, and treating it.
Why study at the University of Copenhagen? The University of Copenhagen is committed to academic excellence, equality of opportunity, and creating an inclusive work environment. They encourage all qualified candidates to apply, regardless of their background, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, ethnicity, etc.
Application Deadline: The last date to apply for the scholarship is 2 June 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Copenhagen
- Department: Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences and Department of Public Health
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Denmark
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in Environmental Epidemiology.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Knowledge of statistical programming skills in programming languages of R, SAS, and STATA, and geographic information systems (GIS)
- Training in epidemiology
- Excellent scientific writing skills
- You must be enterprising and possess good interpersonal and teamwork skills
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must have to submit the online application form to apply for the scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: The application must include the following documents in PDF format:
- Motivated letter of application (max. one page)
- CV incl. education, experience, language skills and other skills relevant to the position
- Certified copy of original Master of Science diploma and transcript of records in the original language, including an authorized English translation if issued in another language than English or Danish. If not completed, a certified/signed copy of a recent transcript of records or a written statement from the institution or supervisor is accepted.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have qualifications corresponding to a Master of Science degree in environmental science, epidemiology, medicine, biostatistics, public health, global health, or any other related field.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have the ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English.
Each successful scholar will receive the salary to complete their PhD degree at the University of Copenhagen in Denmark.