The University of Sussex is delighted to offer the EPSRC DTP PhD Studentships in Interpretable Generative Models of Images to talented students in the UK. The university is accepting applications for the academic year 2022-2023.
This project aims to create a machine learning framework that learns human interpretable representations of images, where variations are explicitly decomposed into separate semantically meaningful components such as shape, identity, pose, texture, lighting, etc.
Nice offer for applicants to complete their PhD degree in the UK.
The University of Sussex, currently ranked 246th in QS Global World Rankings 2021, is a public research university striving to conduct high-quality research addressing real-world issues, pressing global policy agendas and business practices, and developing current and aspiring leaders who will champion critical and original thinking.
Why study at the University of Sussex? The University of Sussex is an institute that provides students with a chance to change the world. It is internationally recognized for drawing together leading academics from different disciplines and has an approach that ensures the most powerful and meaningful results.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 10 June 2022 23:45 (GMT)
- University or Organization: University of Sussex
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate Research
- Award: £16,062
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: UK, EU, or Overseas.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Building interpretable generative models of images offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Eligible candidates will have a 2:1 degree or equivalent in a related field.
- Must be from the UK, EU, or Overseas.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must apply to the desired PhD program at the university via the online application for this funding opportunity. Please clearly state on your application form that you are applying for the EPSRC DTP 2022 under the supervision of Dr. Ivor Simpson (I.Simpson@sussex.ac.uk)
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit the following documents when they apply:
- Research proposal/research statement
- Summary of academic interests (this is optional depending on the subject area you are applying for)
- Degree certificates and transcripts. If the originals are not in English, certified translations must be provided
- Two academic references – including one from your most recent university. Or you can provide contact details for your referees, and we will email them.
- Admission Requirements: Students must have to check the specific entry requirements listed with each PhD degree at the university.
- Language Requirement: If your first language is not English, you will need to demonstrate that you meet the University’s English language requirements for the degree you have applied for.
The university will provide a Standard UKRI stipend of £16,062, a research training grant of £1,650 per annum, and full tuition fees up to the overseas rate for 3.5 years.