The Malaysian Government is offering Malaysia International Scholarships (MIS) to pursue postgraduate degree programs for the academic year 2022-2023.
Interested international graduates with outstanding academic and co-curricular backgrounds are welcome to apply for this scholarship to further their studies in leading Malaysian universities and higher education institutions with the opportunity to enjoy Malaysian hospitality and a world-class higher education experience.
A marvelous chance for international students in Malaysia.The Malaysian Government, which is called the Federal Government of Malaysia, is based in the Federal Territory of Putrajaya, except for the legislative branch, which is in Kuala Lumpur. Malaysia is a federation of 11 states in Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah, Sarawak, and 3 Federal Territories. It is a representative democracy and is run by a constitutional monarchy under the Westminster system.
Application Deadline: The last date to apply for the scholarship is 15th June 2022.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Priority will be given to the following areas of study:
- Arts and Humanities
- Social Sciences, Journalism, and Information
- Business, Administration, and Law
- Natural Sciences, Mathematics, and Statistics
- Information and Communication Technologies
- Engineering, Manufacturing, and Construction
- Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries, and Veterinary
- Health and Welfare *not including medicine, nursing, and pharmacy
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- intend to pursue full-time postgraduate studies (Masters/PhD) in Malaysia; or
- are currently pursuing full-time postgraduate studies in Malaysian public universities and selected private higher educational institutions.
- How to Apply: The application for MIS can be accessed on our online application system via the link.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants will have to provide all the necessary information
and have the compulsory documents listed below scanned and saved in PDF format and later uploaded to the online application system:
- Application Form;
- A certified copy of the Passport as evidence of nationality (with a minimum validity of 6 months);
- A certified copy of Academic Transcript(s):
Transcripts of undergraduate studies (additional Master’s degree transcript for PhD applicants).
- Reflect on the record of all the courses taken throughout the previous study program (s)
- Must be submitted together with a certified official document issued by the applicant’s alma mater describing the institution’s grade in the system if the applicant’s transcript does not
include information on CGPA, marks, or score percentile.
- Letter of Recommendation from two (2) referees;
- Endorsement Form;
- Admission letter from Malaysian university/higher education institute (if applicable);
- Curriculum Vita
- Research Proposal
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have the following:
- Masters applicants: obtaining CGPA 3.0 / 2nd Class Upper (Honours) or higher at Bachelor’s
- PhD applicants: obtaining CGPA 3.0 / excellent results at Masters level in courses related to the
intended study program.
- English Language Requirements: Mastering good proficiency in the English Language:
- Obtaining band 6.0 or higher in IELTS; or
- Obtaining a total score of 550 or higher in
- TOEFL paper-based test (PBT); or
- Has obtained a previous degree(s) with English used as the medium of instructions (evidence is a
This program will cover all study expenses in the following manner:
- This scholarship is limited to tuition fees and a monthly living allowance of RM 1,500.00 per month.
- Successful applicants are expected to independently arrange their travel to Malaysia (non-financial provisions).
- All applicants are highly advised to check the expected living expenses in Malaysia.