The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is now proudly announcing Scholarships for Asian Languages for new international students in Germany.
The study award is open to outstanding candidates from all over the world to obtain a master’s or PhD degree for the academic year 2022/2023.
DAAD International Scholarships for Asian Languages in Germany
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is a private, self-governing, federally sponsored, and state-funded national association of German higher education institutions. It is the largest German assistance organisation in the field of international academic cooperation.
Why would you like to study apply for this program? The DAAD is the world’s largest financial organisation of its kind, supporting over 100,000 German and international students and researchers each year.
Application Deadline: Varies according to the countries.
- University or Organization: DAAD
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Masters and PhD degree
- Awards: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: PR China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macao, Singapore, Japan, Korea, South / Southeast Asia and Oceania (excluding Australia and New Zealand)
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Postgraduate and PhD degree in Asian languages
- Admissible Criteria: All well-qualified university graduates with basic knowledge of one of the advertised Asian languages, preferably from technical, scientific, economic, or administrative subjects, can apply.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for this education award, aspirants are recommended to take admission in the postgraduate or PhD degree coursework at the university. After taking affirmation, claimants can apply for the bursary.
- Supporting Documents: You must submit all required documents:
- Tabular CV
- Letter of motivation: Why did you start to learn this language and how does the deepening of your language skills relate to your academic and/or professional future? (maximum 3 pages)
- Certificate of university entrance qualification (Abitur, technical college entrance qualification, etc.) with individual grades
- All academic diplomas with individual grades. If a certificate is not yet available at the time of application, a list of all exercises and seminars attended up to then (including credit points and grades according to ECTS) is sufficient, the accuracy of which must be confirmed by the university (e.g. International Office). The last diploma must be submitted no later than the start of the scholarship.
- Proof of knowledge of English and proof of previous knowledge of the selected Asian language.
- Admission Requirements: For being admitted, candidates must have to hold at least a four or a three-year bachelor’s degree completed with above-average results (top 30%)
- Language Requirement: Basic knowledge of one of the Asian languages written out is required.
DAAD will provide all the following study expenses:
- A monthly scholarship rate determined by the host country
The monthly DAAD scholarship rate for a specific country/status is displayed here: Scholarship calculator In this program, the rates for undergraduate/graduate students apply. The mentioned scholarship rates apply with reservation to scholarships that are awarded for funding in the academic year 2022/2023.
- Travel allowance depending on the host country
- Health, accident and personal liability insurance benefits
- In addition, under certain conditions, additional benefits can be granted upon request:
- Grant for any tuition fees incurred up to an upper limit: Further information
- Family benefits for accompanying spouses or partners and/or children: Further information
- Grant for trips in the host country that are directly related to the project (please submit a cost estimate with confirmation from the supervising university professor with the application)