Enhance your study experience and learn new skills by applying for the Thesaurus Poloniae Scholarships offered by International Cultural Centre.
The Thesaurus Poloniae program is aimed at foreign researchers who are not Polish citizens. The programme is addressed to international scholars conducting research on the culture, history, and multicultural heritage of the Republic of Poland and Central Europe. Scholarship holders are provided with an independent, fully equipped apartment in the city center.
Nice chance for applicants in Poland.
The International Cultural Centre Foundation was set up in June 1991. The aim of the International Cultural Centre Foundation is to provide support to statutory activities undertaken by the ICC, i.e. it’s scientific, educational, exhibition, and publishing initiatives.
Why should you apply for the programme? The objectives of the Foundation are reached by means of carrying out various activities: publishing of books and organization of international educational programmes, exhibitions, and artistic events, in particular.
Application Deadline: The applications are open until June 30, 2022
- University or Organization: International Cultural Centre
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: Up to PLN 3,500
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Poland
- Eligible Countries: Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Belarus, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Egypt, Estonia, France, Georgia, Germany, Great Britain, Hungary, Iraq, Iran, Italy, Japan, Lithuania, Latvia, Macedonia, Mexico, Moldova, Russia, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain, Syria, Ukraine, USA.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded to the fields of history, art history, sociology, ethnography, cultural anthropology, and other related sciences.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- The programme is open to researchers whose work involves the management and protection of cultural heritage, as well as to those working in the fields of history, sociology, ethnography, anthropology, etc
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants have to send applications by e-mail (email@example.com) or by post to the following address: Program stypendialny Thesaurus Poloniae Mi?dzynarodowe Centrum Kultury Rynek G?ówny 25 31-008 Kraków Poland.
- Supporting Documents: Send their CV, recommendations of two academic tutors (in the case of applying for the Junior Programme), as well as an essay presenting the outline of the research programme to be carried out during their stay in Krakow (up to 500 words).
- Admission Requirements: Aspirants must have a previous degree certificate with relevant marks.
- Language Requirement: Students must have sufficient knowledge of the English language.
Successful candidates receive a scholarship (PLN 3,500 for the Senior programme participants and PLN 2,500 for Junior programme participants per month) and a one-time grant, paid together with the first scholarship, for the purchase of books and other materials (1,500 PLN).
The ICC offers the use of its library, the reading room of which is equipped with computer stations with Internet access and offers assistance in reaching archives and libraries, as well as in making use of the educational and research offer of Krakow’s scientific and cultural institutions. Scholarship holders are provided with an independent, fully equipped apartment in the city center.