Students from all over the world are invited to apply for the PhD Scholarships in Molecular Basis of Circadian Rhythms in Echinoderm Larvae offered by Stazione Zoologica Anton Dohrn Naples – Italy.
The aim of this project is to explore the molecular basis of diel rhythms in echinoderm larvae using multidisciplinary approaches including transcriptomics, mathematical modeling, gene perturbation, and behavioral analyses.
Great offer for applicants in Italy.
The Stazione Zoologica Anton Dohrn is a research institute in Naples, Italy, devoted to basic research in biology. Research is largely interdisciplinary involving the fields of evolution, biochemistry, molecular biology, neurobiology, cell biology, biological oceanography, marine botany, molecular plant biology, benthic ecology, and ecophysiology. Founded in 1872 as a private concern by Anton Dohrn.
The mission of the Zoological Station is to research the fundamental processes of biology, with specific reference to marine organisms and their biodiversity, in close connection with the study of their evolution and the dynamics of marine ecosystems, through an integrated and interdisciplinary approach. The study of the resulting biotechnological applications is part of the institution’s mission.
Application Deadline: The closing date for applications is June 8th, 2022.
- University or Organization: Stazione Zoologica Anton Dohrn Naples – Italy
- Department: Department of Biology and Evolution of Marine Organisms
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Italy
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded on the molecular basis of circadian rhythms in echinoderm larvae
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Applicants must be international students
- Aspirants must have to enroll in the PhD degree programme.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to submit an application our the PhD program, you must first create an account.
- Supporting Documents: Before starting the procedure please be sure to have the following documents:
- CV (European form desirable)
- a scanned copy of your degree (For European Citizens Self-Declaration Affidavit – In accordance with article 46 T.U. – D.P.R. no. 445- 28.12.2000)
- a scanned copy of the IELTS (or alternative as indicated on the page Info & Admission) certificate (if applicable) (For European Citizens Self-Declaration Affidavit – In accordance with article 46 T.U. – D.P.R. no. 445- 28.12.2000)
- a scanned copy of the ID document
- a scanned copy of the declaration automatically produced by the system at the end of the application procedure, duly signed
- Download the form for the recommendation letter
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must hold an advanced degree such as a Master of Science (M.Sc.) or its equivalent in a scientific area coherent with the project proposed.
- Language Requirement: English is not the applicant’s first language, an IELTS certificate (dated within the last two years) with scores that meet the minimum requirements of a 6.5 overall score, and no less than 6.0 in any of the four elements (reading, writing, listening and speaking). Alternative language certificate accepted.
Stazione Zoologica Anton Dohrn Naples – Italy will provide a salary for applicants in Italy.