Utrecht University is looking for a team player who likes an international environment for the PhD Positions in Particle Physics in the Netherlands for the academic year 2022-2023.The position will be allotted to students with a Master of Science degree in physics, a keen interest in fundamental particle physics, and excellent English language knowledge. There is no regional eligibility for applicants. All interested students can freely apply for this position. The selected students will be offered a position for four years of study with a maximum monthly stipend of €3,122.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Get an amount of €3,122 you need to achieve your educational dream with the help of this scholarship programme at the Utrecht University.
Utrecht University is a public research university in Utrecht ranked 1st in the Netherlands and 52nd globally as of 2020. They are working towards a better world by researching complex issues beyond the borders of disciplines and putting thinkers in contact with doers so that new insights can be applied.
Why study at Utrecht University? Utrecht University is among Europe’s leading research universities, recognized internationally for its high-quality, innovative approach to research and teaching. Students studying at Utrecht University study at one of the world’s best universities and gain the best education.Application Deadline: The application deadline is 31st May 2022.
- University or Organization: Utrecht University
- Department: Faculty of Science
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: €3,122
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands.
- Eligible Countries: International entrants from EU and Non-EU countries and the Netherlands are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants are eligible to apply to the Department of Physics, Institute for Gravitational and Subatomic Physics
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be accepted in either of the eligible programmes.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must fill out the Utrecht University Application Form. All eligible students will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Letter of motivation
- Contact details of two referees
- Copy of Master’s diploma
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a Master of Science in Physics and a strong interest in fundamental particle physics.
- Language Requirement: The students must have an excellent command of English, written and verbal.
The Utrecht University will provide the selected candidates a monthly gross salary for four years, starting at €2,443 in the first year and €3,122 in the fourth year of employment. In addition to this, the students will also be provided an 8% holiday bonus and, an 8.3% end-of-year bonus and, a pension scheme, partially paid parental leave.