Interested to conduct your PhD research in Economics? Then, don’t miss out on this opportunity to carry out a funded study in France by applying for the PhD Scholarships offered by the CERDI.This scholarship is exclusively offered to students that want to pursue a PhD related to development economics, the domain of the CERDI. The students must be interested in researching Development microeconomics, Development microeconomics, Environmental and ecological economics, or International economics to be eligible to win this scholarship. This scholarship award is likely to cover the tuition fee of the undertaken program.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Get educational fund to complete PhD degree in France.
0 (0 votes)
The CERDI is a research center on international development established in 1976. CERDI was the first joint unit between the CNRS – National Center for Scientific Research – and a French university dedicated to development economics. The CERDI collaborates with the FERDI (Foundation for study and research on international development) and the IDDRI (Institute for sustainable development and international relations) as part of the Labex program: IDGM+.
Why choose CERDI? The CERDI contributes to the post-graduate programs of the School of Economics of the Université Clermont Auvergne, including three programs entirely taught in English, development economics, international economics and finance, and the Erasmus Mundus Master Glodep, and regularly works with French government bodies (French Development Agency, Ministries), Regional bodies (Development banks, etc.), and the International organizations (United Nations, International Monetary Fund, World Bank) in charge of development policies and their funding.Application Deadline: All applications should be sent before 15th May 2022.
- University or Organization: CERDI (Centre d’Etudes et de Recherches sur le Développement International)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in France.
- Eligible Countries: French national, as well as foreign national students, can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD study programme in Economics offered at the CERDI can be applied.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have applied to research any of the following themes:
- Development microeconomics
- Development microeconomics
- Environmental and ecological economics
- International economics
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications for this call can be submitted by filling out this application form. All eligible students will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Grade transcripts (undergraduate and graduate level)
- Curriculum vitae
- A letter of motivation
- Two references (to be included in the CV)
- A detailed research project of up to 4 pages; this project should demonstrate the ability of the candidate to address the proposed research questions.
- (Optional): Second-year master thesis
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree certificate and a research proposal on a relevant theme.
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the language requirements in French and English language.
The selected students will be awarded this scholarship for their PhD study undertaken in Economics at CERDI.