Get paid while you study and gain academic experience with the help of the International PhD Studentships in the Department of Civil Engineering offered by the City University of London for the academic session 2022-2023.This studentship application is open to students worldwide and is entitled to cover the full tuition fee of the applied programme by the selected candidates at the University of Liverpool and an annual tax-free stipend of £12,000. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on steel structures and artificial intelligence problems in the area of sustainable structural engineering.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Applicants from across the world will get a full tuition fee plus a tax-free stipend of £12,000 in the UK.
0 (0 votes)
City University London is a prestigious university that offers bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as certificates and diplomas. It features an online job network with over 2,000 prior alumni who offer practical guidance to current students.
Why would you like to study at the City, University of London? The student will be encouraged to publish the results of their research at leading international conferences and in top-tier civil & structural engineering journals. They will be encouraged to communicate directly with potential or actual industrial partners.Application Deadline: Candidates must submit their programme application before 15th May 2022.
- University or Organization: City University of London
- Department: Department of Civil Engineering
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Full coverage of tuition fees plus stipend
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree program in Artificial neural network-based prediction formula for the behaviour of perforated steel shear walls reinforced with fibre-reinforced polymer sheets.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The candidate should have an upper second-class BEng/MEng (or equivalent, or higher) degree in civil/structural engineering. They should demonstrate aptitude for original research.
- The candidate should possess a good understanding of steel structures, finite element modelling and earthquake engineering.
- A candidate who demonstrates exceptional aptitude in one or more of these areas (as evidenced, for instance, through strong academic credentials or research papers in reputable, peer-reviewed journals/conferences) may be accorded preference. The successful candidate should be able to code comfortably in Python and/or C++.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must have to take admission in the PhD degree program at the City, University of London. After that, candidates are encouraged to email initial informal enquiries to Professor Konstantinos Daniel Tsavdaridis.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must include supporting documents such as Copies of Degree Certificates and Transcripts, Official work e-mail addresses, Proof of English Language proficiency
- (minimum average score of 6.5 IELTS, with a minimum of 6.0 in each of the four components) if English is not your first language, and a Passport.
- Admission Requirements: For being admitted, you need to meet the entry requirements for each qualification you plan to study.
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language requirements in order to be able to study at the university.
The City University of London will provide full coverage of tuition fees (Home and Overseas) and an annual tax-free stipend of £12,000.