Scholarships provide international students with an opportunity to pursue their educational and career goals so they can go beyond the ordinary and achieve the extraordinary. Therefore, the Eindhoven University of Technology is providing the International PhD Position in Bayesian Machine Learning for Audio Processing.The purpose of this application is to support high-potential international students who want to undertake the PhD programme at the university. The studentship is open for the academic session 2022/2023.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Nice opportunity for international students to complete their research program with a gross monthly salary.
0 (0 votes)
The Eindhoven Institute of Technology (Eindhoven Tech) is a public technical institution dedicated to educating future engineers who will bridge the gap between market demand and technology capability.
Why choose to study at the Eindhoven University of Technology? TU/e is known for graduating engineers who are capable of tackling problems that have yet to occur. The unorthodox teaching technique used in Eindhoven is the result of cutting-edge research geared at helping students build the information and abilities they will need in the future.https://efd72ebbf18a79718083c95d5fa958ab.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-38/html/container.htmlApplication Deadline: Applicants must submit all required application materials until 5 August 2022.
- University or Organization: Eindhoven University of Technology
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can undertake any research programme at Eindhoven.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- You should have a Master’s degree in electrical engineering, physics, computer science, or similar with excellent grades.
- A record that shows specific interest in signal processing and/or (Bayesian) machine learning
- You will develop open-source code for simulating machine learning experiments, so we put a high value on candidates with a strong professional record and interest in developing code. Please supply some evidence for your programming record, e.g., a link to your Github page.
- In order to complete a PhD, it will be essential to have a good written and spoken command of English. If you have written a MSc thesis (or published a scientific paper) in English, please send it along with your application.
- Finally, we appreciate a team player attitude, willingness to work hard and know how to have fun at it.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Interested students can apply to any research programme of their choice at TU/e through its http://en.csc.edu.cn/). Applicants that are accepted in their respective discipline will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: you must upload the following documents:
- a cover letter explaining your motivation and suitability for the position;
- a detailed Curriculum Vitae;
- a written scientific report in English (MSc thesis, traineeship report or scientific paper)
- copies of diplomas with course grades (transcripts).
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, candidates must meet all entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: The students must have an IELTS score of preferably at least 6.5 overall or a TOEFL score of 90 (internet-based). TU/e accepts TOEFL and IELTS tests. (TOEFL: Overall band score of at least 90 AND a minimum score of 21 for each section; IELTS (academic version) with an overall band score of at least 6.5 and a minimum of 6.0 for each section.
The scholarship winner will receive all the following study expenses:
- A gross monthly salary and benefits (such as a pension scheme, pregnancy, and maternity leave, partially paid parental leave) in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- Should you come from abroad and comply with certain conditions, you can make use of the so-called ‘30% facility’, which permits you not to pay tax on 30% of your salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.