The University of Glasgow’s College of Arts is very pleased to announce that it will be awarding eight highly qualified students the University of Glasgow College of Arts South Asia Awards for the academic year 2022-2023.
This scholarship is exclusively open to applications from students from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, or Sri Lanka that wish to join any of the listed eligible master programmes. A tuition fee discount of £5,000 will be applied to winners selected on the basis of their admission applications.
The University of Glasgow is a public research university in Glasgow, Scotland. The University of Glasgow is ranked 73rd in QS World University Rankings. The University of Glasgow holds a mission to undertake world-leading research and to provide an intellectually stimulating learning environment that benefits culture, society, and the economy.
Why choose to study at the University of Glasgow? The University of Glasgow is ranked amongst the world’s top 100 universities. The university is also recognized for its world-leading research expertise in the history of art, veterinary medicine, cancer studies, accounting, and finance and is an illustrious member of the Russell Group of Institutions and aims to enhance its position as one of the world’s great, broad-based, research-intensive universities.
Application Deadline: The applicants are supposed to follow the application deadlines assigned to the program they wish to apply for.
- University or Organization: University of Glasgow
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master
- Award: £5,000
- Number of Awards: 8
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Eligible Countries: Students from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, or Sri Lanka are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: MSc programmes in Ancient Cultures, Applied Linguistics, Archaeology, Art History, Art History: Collecting & Provenance in an International Context, Art History: Dress & Textile Histories, Art History: Technical Art History, Making & Meaning, Classics & Ancient History, Comparative Literature, Conflict Archaeology & Heritage, Creative Industries & Cultural Policy, Creative Writing, Early Modern History, English Language & Linguistics, English Literature, English Literature: American Modern Literature, English Literature: Fantasy, English Literature: Modernities – Literature, Culture, Theory, English Literature: Victorian Literature, Film & Television Studies, Film Curation, Filmmaking & Media Arts, Gender History, Global History, History, Information Management & Preservation, Material Culture & Artefact Studies, Media Management, Medieval History, Modern History, Museum Studies, Music Industries, Musicology, Philosophy, Philosophy (Conversion), Playwriting & Dramaturgy, Scottish History, Sound Design & Audiovisual Practice, Speech, Language & Sociolinguistics, TESOL: Teaching of English to Speakers of Other Languages, Theatre & Performance Practices, Theatre Studies, Translation Studies or War Studies can be undertaken.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be from an eligible country/region.
- be classed as international for fee purposes
- hold a conditional or unconditional offer of admission
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can submit their admission applications by logging in on the university portal. All applicants will automatically be assessed for this scholarship award.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Copy of official degree certificate
- Copy of official transcripts
- Official English translations of certificates
- One reference letter
- Copy of photo page of passport
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a minimum UK 2.1 honors degree or equivalent in a relevant field of study.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL IBT – 90
- PTE – 60
- CPE/CAE – 176
The University of Glasgow will provide the selected candidate’s tuition fee discount worth £5,000 towards the overall cost of the master’s degree programme undertaken by them.