Scottish Government and Scottish Higher Education Institutions are offering Saltire Scholarships for international students. The scheme offers up to 50 awards towards tuition fees for any one year of full-time study on a postgraduate programme at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions.
Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships are an incredible opportunity to study in a country with world-leading universities and a long tradition of academic excellence.
Scottish Government is the devolved government for Scotland and has a range of responsibilities that include: the economy, education, health, justice, rural affairs, housing, environment, equal opportunities, consumer advocacy and advice, transport, and taxation.
Why should apply for this program? Students will be able to access new opportunities, and new thinking and enjoy a great work-life balance.
Application Deadline: 31 May 2022
- University or Organization: Scottish Government
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate programme
- Awards: £8000
- Access Mode: Online
- Numbers of Awards: 50
- Nationality: Canada, China (including Hong Kong), India, Japan, Pakistan, and the USA
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK (Scotland)
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to citizens of the following countries: Canada, China (including Hong Kong), India, Japan, Pakistan, and the USA.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The course must be a postgraduate Masters’s level course in one of the following subject areas: Science, Technology, Creative industries, Healthcare & medical, and Renewable and clean energy.
- Eligibility Criteria: The scholarship is open for those students who hold an undergraduate degree an a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees. They do not have previously studied for a full undergraduate degree in Scotland, and also Not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
- Applicants must have an interest in studying in Scotland and/or at a specific Scottish university. The aspiration to work and study in a global context and take a position of leadership in their chosen career. A willingness and the necessary interpersonal and communication skills are required to participate in the program of activities that accompanies the scholarships.
How to Apply
The Saltire Scholarship application process for 2022/2023 is now open.
- How to Apply: To participate in this scholarship, applicants need to take admission at any Scottish university. Then they can submit an application form through the given link online form.
- Supporting Documents: There is no need to submit any supporting documents for this scholarship.
- Admission Requirements: For admission at any Scottish Higher Education Institutions, applicants must have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course.
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
The scholarship provides up to 50 awards, each worth £8000, towards tuition fees for any one year of full-time study on a postgraduate Masters’s programme.