East China Normal University has set up the Excellent Freshman Scholarships to encourage outstanding overseas students to pursue their bachelor’s degrees in China. The scholarship programme has been organized for the academic year 2022-2023.
This scholarship is open to international students enrolling in an undergraduate programme at the East China Normal University as freshmen. The scholarship will be awarded based on academic excellence and HSK score. The scholarship award consists of a monthly stipend of RMB 2,500 per month for up to 1 year.
Founded in Shanghai in October 1951, East China Normal University (ECNU) is one of the most prestigious universities in China. This institute is a merger of the Great China University and Kwang Hua University and is currently ranked 371st in Best Global Universities.
Why choose to study at East China Normal University? East China Normal University is one of the most prestigious universities in China. ECNU attaches great importance to internationalization and the utmost importance to teacher training. Adhering to the university motto of “Seek truth, foster originality, and live up to the name of a teacher,” ECNU has made remarkable achievements in talent training, scientific research, community service, and international exchanges.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 15th May 2022.
- University or Organization: East China Normal University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: RMB 2,500 per month
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in China.
- Eligible Countries: All overseas students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate programmes offered by the East China Normal University can be applied.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must graduate from high school or above with a valid foreign passport.
- The applicants must be full-time undergraduate program applicants.
- The applicants must have excellent high school performance.
- The applicants must have obtained an HSK-5 certificate with a score of 180 above.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can log in to the university’s application portal and submit their admission applications. All eligible students will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- High school diploma and transcript
- The original one must be in Chinese or English with official stamps of the high school or authorized educational institute or a notarized copy in notarized Chinese or English translation.
- Graduating students should provide official proof of graduation for the time being.
- Passport (photocopy)
- Study plan and personal statement
- Non-criminal certificate (notarized photocopy in English or Chinese
- Practical Health Certificate(within six months)
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have graduated from high school.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following language proficiency tests:
- HSK 5 – 180
The East China Normal University will provide the scholarship winners a living allowance of RMB 2500 per month for 12 months of the first academic year of their undergraduate study.