The Courtauld Institute of Art is pleased to be able to provide financial assistance to postgraduate students in the form of the Courtauld Postgraduate Scholarships. The scholarships are offered for the academic year 2022-2023.
The scholarship programme is exclusively offered to postgraduate students from both home countries and EU countries. The scholarship is solely awarded on academic merit and financial need. The highest award presented was £6,000. Therefore up to a £6,000 scholarship award can be expected by the winners.
0 (0 votes)
Founded by collectors and philanthropists in the 1930s, the Courtauld Institute of Art has been at the forefront of the study of art ever since and currently ranks 46th nationwide. The Courtauld works to advance how we see and understand the visual arts as an internationally-renowned center for the teaching and research of art history and a central public gallery.
Why choose the Courtauld Institute of Art? Academically, the Courtauld faculty is the largest community of art historians and conservators in the UK, teaching and carrying out research on subjects from creativity in late Antiquity to contemporary digital artforms – with an increasingly global focus. The institute was founded on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to engage with art.
Application Deadline: The scholarship applications will close on Monday, 18th April 2022.
- University or Organization: Courtauld Institute of Art
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: £6,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Eligible Countries: Home, EU, and Overseas students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for the MA Conservation of Easel Paintings, MA Conservation of Wall Paintings, MA Buddhist Art History, and Conservation, MA History of Art, MA Curating the Art Museum or PhD Research (Not including the Writing Up year) programme offered at Courtauld can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be Home, EU, and Overseas students applying to Courtauld for admission in an eligible programme.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants need to submit an admission application via the university portal. Then, to apply for the scholarship, students must complete and submit the scholarship application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Personal statement
- Research proposal
- Academic transcripts
- Academic references
- ID Photo
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must be able to provide all required documents at the time of application.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- C1 – 185
- C2 – 185
The successfully selected candidates will be provided scholarships by Courtauld that will be paid in the first instance towards tuition fees. Up to £6,000 can be expected.