The Chalmers University of Technology is seeking applications from highly motivated students interested in pursuing their postgraduate studies in the field of quantum Technology for its PhD Positions in Quantum Information Processing with Bosonic Modes. The positions are open to applications for the academic year 2022-2023.All Swedish national or international students who identify themselves as motivated PhD student and want to contribute to its ongoing research efforts in experimental quantum information science using superconducting circuits. Ideal candidates are expected to have a master’s degree qualification in Physics, Engineering Physics, or Applied Physics.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
This is an amazing programme that will support the higher education of talented students at the Chalmers University of Technology.
The Chalmers University of Technology, ranking 342nd in Best Global Universities, is a Swedish university centered solely on research and education in technology, natural sciences, architecture, mathematics, maritime, and other management areas. Chalmers aims to produce and spread knowledge, expertise, and solutions that benefit everyone.
Why choose to study at the Chalmers University of Technology? The Chalmers University of Technology is a global institute of research with a mission to produce and spread knowledge, expertise, and solutions that benefit everyone: both individuals and society. At Chalmers, students learn to think independently and to meet future challenges with the help of engineering methods.Application Deadline: All applications must be submitted by 29th April 2022.
- University or Organization: Chalmers University of Technology
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic or International
- The award can be taken in Sweden.
- Eligible Countries: All domestic and international students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Quantum Information Processing with Bosonic Modes.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have previous experience in experimental condensed-matter physics, atomic, molecular, and optical (AMO) physics, and quantum optics will be regarded as an asset.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must first submit an admission application via the university admissions portal. Then, to apply for the position, students must mark their applications with ‘Ref 20220170’.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Personal letter
- Copies of bachelor’s and master’s thesis
- Attested copies and transcripts of completed education, grades, and other certificates
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a master’s level degree in Physics, Engineering Physics, or Applied Physics.
- Language Requirement: The students must have an excellent command of spoken and written English and have good presentation and collaborative skills.
The candidates selected will be provided a salary and full-time temporary employment limited to five years at the Chalmers University of Technology.