Australian Institute of Geoscientists is looking for strong students that wish to undertake their PhD study in Geosciences at James Cook University in Australia. The scholarship is open to applications for the academic year 2022-2023.
Applications for this fully-funded PhD opportunity for the start of 2023 are being offered through a competitive scholarship scheme to both international and domestic students. Students that undertake a PhD study programme at the College of Science and Engineering of James Cook University are eligible to win this tuition fee + stipend scholarship.
Worthy offer for students to complete their PhD degree in Australia.
James Cook University is a public university in Australia. Ranking 287th in Best Global Universities, it seeks to discover and develop novel therapeutics and diagnostics using cutting-edge and cross-disciplinary molecular bioscience research.
Why choose James Cook University? James Cook University (JCU)is the leading Australian University in tropical North Queensland, with strong geology, geochemistry, and environmental programs supported by world-class analytical facilities. It is committed to top-quality teaching, learning, and research which equips the students of JCU with skills and knowledge to meet the demands of the workforce in the tropics and throughout the world.
Application Deadline: The scholarship application deadline for this program is due by 31st July 2022.
- University or Organization: Australian Institute of Geoscientists and James Cook University
- Department: College of Science and Engineering
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition fee and Stipend
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Eligible Countries: Australian national students, as well as international students, are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD study programmes offered at the College of Science and Engineering of James Cook University can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must apply to an eligible PhD programme at James Cook.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Interested students first need to make an admission application by logging in to the university portal. To apply for the PhD Scholarship, please contact EGRU (email@example.com) with your CV and a Cover Letter indicating your project(s) of interest and background
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- HDR Application Form
- Transcripts and testamurs for all qualifications undertaken
- Proof of citizenship or residency in the form of a passport, birth certificate, or visa
- Current CV
- List of any publications that I have authored.
- Details and evidence of any co-tutelle or external funding arrangements
- Admission Requirements: Students must either have a bachelor’s degree with at least Second Class, Division A (Honours) in a degree program that included a total of at least a semester of supervised project work, the results of which contributed to the Honours grade or a relevant postgraduate qualification.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to attain minimum scores in the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.0
- TOEFL IBT – 74
- PTE – 52
- C1 Advanced/ C2 Proficiency – 169
- ISLPR – 3
- JCUCEAP – Level 3
The winners of this PhD Scholarship will be offered a tuition fee cover and a stipend at the relevant rate by James Cook University.