Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation is offering the Inlaks Scholarships for Indian students who want to study in American, European and UK institutions.
The scholarships provide the opportunity to young people with exceptional talent in any field to broaden their vision abroad and improve their skills to operate in society, thus making them a future vehicle of change in their environment. The scholarships are of two types: university courses and specific programmes.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Nice offer for Indian students to get funding opportunity to study abroad.
4 (1 vote)
Inlaks Foundation aims to look for exceptional talent among young people expressed in more than the traditional ways and to provide the most appropriate assistance for the development of such talent.
Application Deadline: Candidates must submit their programme application before 30 March 2022
- Course Level: Masters, M.Phil or a Doctorate programme
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in multiple subjects offered by the universities. The Foundation does not give scholarships in the following subjects: Engineering, Computer Science, Business Studies, Medicine, Public Health, Fashion Design, Music, and Film Animation.
- Number of Awards: Not given
- Nationality: Indian citizens
- Scholarship can be taken in Scholarships are granted at top American, European and UK institutions.
- Eligible Countries: Indian citizens can apply for these Inlaks scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements:
- The Inlaks Shivdasani Scholarships are open to all Indian citizens who have been continuously resident in India for the past six months, at the time of making the scholarship application.
- Candidates are expected to hold a first-class degree or equivalent from a recognized university/institution in India.
- Candidates applying for scholarships in art and design (fine/performing arts) will be judged primarily on the basis of their portfolio.
- Candidates who are Indian citizens and hold a good undergraduate degree from a recognized institution abroad, must have resided continuously or been employed or have been studying in India, for at least two years, post their return to India to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- It is essential to have prior admission to the institution and the course chosen at the time of the application.
- Candidates can be a maximum of 30 years of age in the year of application.
- The scholarship applicants must be high achievers academically and otherwise and the Foundation will need proof of the same.
- English Language Requirements: International students whose native language is not English often must take an English proficiency test before they attend a US college or university.
Scholarships in India
How to Apply
- Application for the scholarship has to be made online on the portal which is accessible from the website.
- Candidates applying in the field of architecture, fine and applied arts, and related subjects must upload their portfolio as a PDF file or share a website/online portfolio link.
- Candidates applying for film, dance, acting, and music (Western classical singing) must also upload their portfolio through a link.
- A clear declaration must be made of all funding received for the course. In case the offer of funding comes in after the application has been submitted, it will be necessary to inform the Foundation in writing via email.
- Two letters of reference are mandatory. It is preferred that the letters of recommendation be uploaded with your application. However, should your referee like to send in the letter in confidence they should email it to email@example.com.
- The scholarship covers full tuition fees, adequate living expenses and one-way travel allowance and a health allowance.
- The maximum funding given by the Foundation is US$100,000. If the total funding required (tuition + living allowance) exceeds US$100,000, candidates must be able to show evidence that they have the ability to cover the additional requirement needed at the time of the preliminary interviews.