Get the skills and knowledge you need for the next step in your career by joining the Ti Hua KOO and Dorothy VEE KOO Admission International Scholarships offered by Lee Woo Sing College.
These funding opportunities are open to support international students who want to pursue an undergraduate degree programme at the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Get the financial aid you need to achieve your educational dream with the help of this programme.
0 (0 votes)
Lee Woo Sing College is one of the new colleges of the Chinese University of Hong Kong. It was founded by the university council in 2007 and admitted its first class of students in 2011.
Why study at Lee Woo Sing College? LWS College, CUHK has more and diverse opportunities for youngsters with different aspirations and will help achieve their goals.
Application Deadline: The last date to submit the entries to participate in the following grant is 31 March 2022.
- University: Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Department: Lee Woo Sing College
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Awards: HK$200,000 per annum
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Five
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Hong Kong
- Eligible Countries: Mainland China, Taiwan and Macau
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Undergraduate degree in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Be a full-time Year 1 non-local undergraduate from Mainland China, Taiwan and Macau.
- Commit to be affiliated to Lee Woo Sing College and choose Lee Woo Sing College to be the first choice in College affiliation,
- Have a serving community mindset and some community service experience.
- Have an acceptable academic result,
- Come from a financially disadvantaged background
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for this award, applicants must take admission in an undergraduate degree at the college. After that, they can achieve this grant.
- Supporting Documents: you have fully completed and uploaded the following supporting documents (if available):
- A photocopy of each of your Hong Kong Identity Card, Dependant Visa, Passport and Entry Permit, if applicable
- Copies of your academic transcripts and public examination results, and other credentials (if applicable):
- high school reports / transcripts and graduation certificate / diploma
- diploma / sub-degree transcripts and graduation certificate
- university transcripts/degree certificate
- result slip(s) of public examination(s) (e.g. IB / SAT / AP / ACT / GCE / GCSE / IGCSE / Gaokao / others). The University Code for College Board (for submission of SAT / AP results) is 5690, and for the ACT, it is 7050.
- English / Chinese language test results (e.g. TOEFL / IELTS / others). The University Code for submission of TOEFL results is 0812.
- certificates in support of professional/academic achievements
- Personal Statement (Resume / Curriculum Vitae (optional))
- Recommendation of an academic referee (online or by hardcopy)
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must check all the entry requirements of the college.
- Language Requirement: Applicants should have attained one of the following qualifications and the corresponding minimum attainments to be considered for admission to the University. English Language Tests
- IELTS: 6.0
- TOEFL (iBT): 80
- SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing: 590
- ACT combined English / Writing or English Language Arts (ELA): 23
- GCSE / IGCSE / GCE-OL: C (For GCSE / IGCSE, which uses the new 9-1 grading system, Grade 4 will be taken as equivalent to Grade C)
- GCE-AL / AS: E
- IB: 4
- HKDSE: Level 3
- Australian State or Territory High School Certificate Grade 12 English: 80%
- Canadian Grade 12 English: 70%
- Indian Central or State Board Exam Grade 12 English: 80%
- Malaysian SPM / UEC-Senior English Language: C / B4
- Singapore GCE A-Level H1 General Paper: C
- GSAT / AST English: Top 13% of the cohort
Lee Woo Sing College will provide five non-renewable scholarships of HK$40,000 each to be awarded per annum. The total amount is HK$200,000 per annum.