Applications are currently invited from interested and eligible applicants for Leeds University Business School Economics Department Scholarship. This competition is open to home and international applicants applying to the Economics Department within the Leeds University Business School.
The award will cover full fees at the University of Leeds standard rate of fees, and maintenance grant at the standard UKRI rate (£15,609 in 2021/2022 session). The award will be made for one year in the first instance and renewable for a further period of up to two years, subject to satisfactory academic progress.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Leeds University Business School, UK
Scholarship Type: Research Award
Host Institution(s): Leeds University Business School, UK
Scholarship Worth: Cover full fees & Maintenance grant UKRI rate (£15,609)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
The Economics Department at the University of Leeds conducts cutting-edge research within five broadly defined research themes: the macroeconomy and macroeconomic policy; work, labour and organization; financialisation and globalisation; development and wellbeing; and environment, infrastructure, innovation and the circular economy.
Across their different research themes, the University takes an open-minded approach to economic problems offering the PhD students a unique and distinctive research experience. They encourage realistic, interdisciplinary and policy relevant research.
The University mission is to make an exceptional impact on business and society globally through leadership in research and teaching.
To be eligible for Leeds University Business School Economics Department Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must not have already been awarded or be currently studying for a doctoral degree.
- Awards must be taken up by 1 October 2022.
- The awards are available for new Postgraduate Researchers undertaking full-time or part-time research study leading to the degree of PhD. Students who are already registered for PhD research study are excluded from applying.
- Applicants must live within a reasonable distance of the University of Leeds whilst in receipt of this Scholarship.
- If English is not your first language, you must provide evidence that you meet the Faculty’s minimum English language requirements.
How-to-Apply: First, apply for a research place of study by completing a study application form. Ensure your application matches with research themes in the Economics Department. You will be expected to meet our eligibility criteria for PhD candidates, including the English language requirements if your first language is not English. Once you have received your student ID number (a 9-digit number) move onto stage 2.
Stage 2: Apply for the Leeds University Business School Economics Department scholarship by working your way through the scholarship application form. You must submit your scholarship application by 12:00pm on Friday 11th March 2022.