Harvard University through the Center for African Studies is pleased to announce the Postdoctoral Research Fellowship for African-based researchers who are interested in advancing new ideas and promoting enduring knowledge. SEE MORE AND APPLY
The program offers 18-month postdoctoral fellowships with 12 months spent at the scholar’s home institution and six months spend in stipend-supported residency at Harvard University.
Company/Organisation(s): Harvard University
Program Type: Postdoctoral Fellowship
Program Location: Harvard University
Program Duration: 18 Months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: PhD
Nationality: Africa-based researchers
To be eligible for the Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Africa-based researchers who intend to continue/return to work in African academia.
- Must have received a PhD or equivalent doctoral-level research degree in any discipline and must hold a paid academic appointment at any African university or research institution.
- Applicants who have not yet formally received their degree must present evidence of having completed the academic requirements before commencing the Fellowship.
- Applicants must identify a Harvard faculty mentor to support research and scholarly work; additionally, they should identify a second mentor at their home institution.
- Both mentors are required to submit letters of recommendation during the application process.
- Applicants must be proficient in English language.
- Must have support from their home institutions to pursue an 18-month fellowship appointment.
- Applicants should have an academic appointment in an African university/research institution or include a letter from the institution that such an appointment is forthcoming during the fellowship period.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Harvard University Postdoctoral Research Fellowship are to complete an online application and upload required documents as prompted.