Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified graduate students for Coventry University Technology Research Scholarship in ethical development of innovative data-driven technologies for Smart Cities. This scholarship is fully funded and available for international students.
All researchers at Coventry University (from PhD to Professor) are part of the Doctoral College and Centre for Research Capability and Development, which provides support with high-quality training and career development activities.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Coventry University, UK
Scholarship Type: Fully-funded
Host Institution(s): Coventry University, UK
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded, including tuition fees and stipend/bursary
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
Coventry University Technology Research Scholarship | Details
The research project will take a practice-based approach and combine methodologies from the humanities and social sciences with expertise in computing science and engineering. The aim is to identify tangible steps for improving ethics-in-practice in the context of Smart Cities and AI development.
The successful candidate will receive comprehensive research training including technical, personal and professional skills.
To be eligible for Coventry University Technology Research Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be international students
- Applicants must enroll in full-time program
- Applicants must have a minimum of a 2:1 first degree in a relevant discipline/subject area with a minimum 60% mark in the project element or equivalent with a minimum 60% overall module average.
- Applicants must have the potential to engage in innovative research and to complete the PhD within a 3.5 years
- Applicants must have a minimum of English language proficiency (IELTS overall minimum score of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in each component)
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the scholarship are to complete an online application. All applications require full supporting documentation, and a covering letter. For pre-determined (named) projects, an up-to 2000-word supporting statement is required showing how the applicant’s expertise and interests are relevant to the project.
Application Deadline: May 4, 2022
Visit the Official Website for Further Details