Rotary Peace Fellowship Programme 2023: The Rotary Peace Fellowship began in 2002 and has trained more than 1,300 fellows in the various Rotary Peace Centers. The fellowship is designed for leaders with work experience in peace and development. –
Rotary Foundation each year rolls out up to 130 fellowships for master’s degree programmes and over 80 awards for certificate studies at premier universities. Applications are hereby invited from interested candidates around the world to apply for the 2023-24 Rotary Peace fellowship Programme.
Company/Organisation(s): Rotary Foundation
Program Type: Full Funding
Program Location: Designated Premier Universities
Program Duration: 15-24 months
Available Slot: 130
Basic Qualification: Masters and Professional Certificate
Nationality: All Nationalities
Rotary Peace Fellowship Programme 2023 |DETAILs
The Rotary fellowship 2023 comprises both the master’s degree program and the professional development certificate program which will afford the successful candidate the opportunity to study peace and development issues with research-informed teaching and a diverse student body as well as complete field studies and social change initiatives during the professional development certificate program. Fellows of the Rotary Peace Fellowship are committed to community as well as international service that will engender peace.
To be eligible for the Rotary Peace Fellowship Programme 2023-24, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be proficient in English Language.
- Applicants must have obtained a bachelor’s degree from a reputable university before applying for the fellowship.
- Applicants must possess strong commitment to cross-cultural understanding and peace as shown through professional and academic achievements and personal or community service.
- Applicants must have at least three years of full-time experience in peace or development work.
- Applicant must demonstrate strong leadership potential.
- Applicants must be able to explain how their plan to promote peace aligns with Rotary’s mission.
International Development Policy, International Peace and Conflict Resolution, Peace Studies, Peace, Conflict, Security and Development, Social Science.
- Tuition fees
- Room and board accommodation
- Round-trip transportation
- Internship and field study expenses.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Rotary Peace Fellowship Programme 2022 are to:
- Research the curriculum and programs at each of the Rotary Peace Centers. You will be asked to rank two centers you prefer for the Master’s program and one center for the certificate program.
- Submit your application by 31 May. Applications require a resume, academic and/or professional recommendations, essays, transcripts, social impact plan (certificate only), and test scores (master’s only). All materials must be in English.
- Get endorsed. As part of the application process, you need to connect with a Rotary district and get endorsed. Districts are regionally-based Rotary representatives located throughout the world. You can identify and contact your local Rotary district directly through the application platform. The district will interview you then submit an endorsement decision for your application.
- Engage with Rotary. Use the Club Finder to locate the Rotary club nearest you. Connecting with a club is a great way to learn about Rotary’s work in your community and around the world. Clubs recommendations are optional, but strongly recommended as part of your application.
- Await selection results. Email notifications will be sent in November. If you are chosen for a fellowship, you will be told at which Peace Center you will study.
- Apply for admission to the university where your Peace Center is located. Being selected for the fellowship does not mean you have been admitted to the university.
Application Deadline: 15 May, 2022