Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the South African Fulbright Foreign Student Program 2022/23 aimed at providing grants for South African graduates to enroll in a postgraduate study at a United States university. –
Students are selected through a rigorous application and interview process and receive a high level of support ranging from visa processing and health insurance to a comprehensive pre-departure orientation and re-entry session.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): U.S. Embassy & Consulates in South Africa
Scholarship Type: Full funding
Host Institution(s): Universities in USA
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters and PhD
Nationality: South Africans
South African Fulbright Foreign Student Program | DETAILS
The program provides an opportunity for South African students to pursue a post-graduate studies at a United States university in any subject excluding MBA and studies that require contact with patients. Several opportunities are available including opportunities for South African PhD students enrolled with a South African University to conduct one year’s research at a U.S. University as a Visiting Student Researcher (VSR) and opportunity for post-graduate applicants to apply for scholarships towards Masters or doctorate degrees.
To be eligible for the South African Fulbright Foreign Student Program 2022, applicants must meet the following:
- Be a South African citizen OR a permanent resident with a minimum of 5 years of permanent residency status in South Africa.
- PhD research (VSR) applicants must be registered as a PhD student at a South African university, to participate in an academic year in the U.S. to conduct research related to their studies. You should be registered with a South African University as a PhD student at the time that you will commence your research in the U.S.
- Master’s degree applicants must have obtained relevant bachelor’s degree from a reputable institution of higher learning.
- Doctoral students must have obtained relevant master’s degree from a reputable institution of higher learning.
- Possess sufficient level of English proficiency to enable them to engage in graduate level study in the U.S.
- Be highly motivated and committed to returning to S.A. after the program.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Be able to meet the minimum scores on required standardized tests such as the GRE and TOEFL.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the South African Fulbright Foreign Student Program 2022 are to complete an online application by the application deadline.
- Graduation certificate(s)
- An explanation sheet on the grading system used by your university.
N/B: Transcripts and certificates must be in English
Application Deadline: 1st May 2022
Visit the Official Website for Further Details