IMU-Simons African Fellowship Program in Mathematical Research: Applications are now open for the (International Mathematics Union) IMU-Simons African Fellowship Program for Scientist in Africa carrying out Mathematical research. The Fellowship seeks to support research sabbaticals for mathematicians from African developing countries to travel to an internationally known mathematical center of excellence for collaborative research.
The IMU-Simons African Fellowship is funded by the Simons Foundation, New York, USA with the mission to advance the frontiers of research in mathematics and the basic sciences. They sponsor a range of programs in the sciences, including grants programs in mathematics and the physical sciences.
Company/Organization: Simons Foundation
Program Type: Graduate Fellowship
Program Location: Worldwide
Program Duration: Not specified
Available Slots: Several
Study Level: Researchers
Minimum Qualification: PhD
Nationality: See Eligible countries (below)
IMU-Simons African Fellowship Program | ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be eligible for the IMU-Simons African Fellowship Program for Mathematical Research:
- Applicant must hold a valid doctoral degree (PhD) in mathematics.
- Applicant must be based (place of work) in an African developing country.
- Applicant must be employed as a mathematician in a faculty of a university or an equivalent higher education institution.
- Applicant should already have established contact with a mathematician in the host institution in mathematical centre of excellence worldwide and should have a definite research plan.
- Applicant should have been granted appropriate leave of absence from his/her home institution which will cover the period of the visit.
- The application must also be accompanied by a formal letter of invitation from the host institution, which clearly specifies the period of the (short) research visit and the extent of the host institutions financial commitment and support.
- Eligible countries: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, D.R. Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Togo, Tunisia, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zanzibar, Zimbabwe.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the are to complete the online application by following the procedures stated below:
- Please fill out and submit the online application form for the IMU-Simons Programs.
- Upload all requested documents (two CVs: of the host and the applicant, detailed Research plan, invitation letter by the host institution, letter by the home institution, tentative budget details in USD) as 1 joint PDF to the Online Application Form.
- A picture of you for our website (upload separately to the Online Application Form).
Application Deadline: Application will run until 1st October 2022
Visit the Official Website for Further Details